Prologue

Adrenaline

Prologue

I hear voices arguing and I try to open my eyes to see what the commotion is all about. At first I can't make my eyelids to open. They are weighting like lead upon my eyes. But I won't give up so easily, so by being a pertinacious bastard, I finally open my eyes and see Life on my right and Death on my left. And they are arguing about me.

What a sight to behold upon my death bed.

I feel like a true star to have such company watching my passing.

"He is mine! Just like you are mine and only mine! You think you can be with him? Love him like you love me? I'm eternal, truly eternal. He is nothing but a beautiful butterfly that wanted to touch the sun and got his wings clipped. And when the time comes, when you will need to put your head down to give into the forever looming slumber, I! Me! Not somebody else, will be there holding you into my arms and taking care of you. You will rest your head upon my lap and I will sing you into oblivion. Like always. Loving you like no other and then releasing you, again, to give yourself to these unworthy beings! "Yells Death looking at Life, like she just wounded him.

All I can think is what a jealous bastard Death is. Only, somewhere deep inside my mind, I realize that maybe, just maybe, I might be the bastard in this equation. Maybe a mortal isn't supposed to try and win Life over.

"He still has a little bit of me left in him. He is a fighter, he will get through this," Life says, looking at me and not seeing that I am already awake.

Can't they see I am conscious and listening to them? Am I already dead and they can't see my soul anymore? But then, if this is so, why is Death still here, arguing about my life with Life?

"Will you take that bit of me with his soul? Will you condemn me to be left unfinished for the rest of eternity? Should I let you take a little of my light every time some mortal doesn't know when to quit?" asks Life and I can feel the sadness in her words.

The words, the sadness and pain that is infused in them, paint the room in cold colors giving the air a cold like quality, as if winter is just around the corner, waiting to arrive. Even though it is summer. Or I think it should be summer. I can't remember what happened with me.

How much time have I lost?

Do I really care?

There are two beings arguing about my life and I am worrying about something so insignificant as time?

"I would never!" exclaims outraged Death, his black robes increasing behind him and moving like thousands of serpents.

And then these weird sounds begin blaring from everywhere and the lights go out, just like my consciousness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At last, I finally chose my story. And I will go with this one. Any opinions are welcomed. Please, let me know what you think. 

I am entering this story on Watys. So wish me luck!