Chapter 1

Hi. My name is Rainbow. No, I'm not kidding you. I'm pretty sure whoever named me was high, but that's okay. You can just call me Rain. I'm an aspiring writer who's lived in various orphanages in various states and been sent off to various foster homes all my life. But now I'm 18, which means I'm considered an adult. It also means that I basically get kicked out of the orphanages because I can apparently "take care of myself now." 

     Yeah, sure. I hope you have fun identifying my body when I die on the streets, Mrs. Janson. (Mrs. Janson is the headmaster at the last orphanage I lived at. She's pretty much a jerk.) 

     Anyway, as my 18th birthday approached, Mrs. Janson went a little crazy trying to find me somewhere to go, not because she likes me or anything, but just so she wouldn't lose her job. She did not succeed. 

     My birthday rolled around, and nothing had happened.  Until, of course,  when an attractive young man, slightly older than myself walked into the orphanage, went straight to Mrs. Janson's office and plopped himself in a chair in front of Mrs. Janson's desk.

     I had just come downstairs, so I moved in closer to the office to investigate. 

     "So, uh, let's get this show on the road, shall we?" He said, sounding irritated. 

     Hmm, you definitely don't see this everyday. I thought to myself. 

     I have to admit I couldn't help but stare at his eyes. They were so gray, they almost blended in with the rest of his eye, making his pupil stand out a lot. But when the light caught them just so, they would glimmer green. He had a shock of wavy jet black hair, high cheekbones and lips the color of a ballerina's tutu. I could also tell he was definitely into working out, if you know what I mean. 

     Now, wouldn't you expect someone this hot to be wearing a leather jacket, a v-neck and some ripped-up jeans? Well this guy wasn't. He was wearing a suit and polished black dress shoes.

     Strange. I thought, narrowing my eyes. 

     Mrs. Janson cleared her throat, her eyebrows raised so high they could almost touch the sky. "E-Excuse me? Can I…help you with something…, sir?" 

     "Um, yeah. I need a nanny,"

     "Sir, this is an orphanage, not a babysitting service," Mrs. Janson said, her lips pinched together in a disapproving line. She had a strange look on her face. It was between complete shock and irratation.

     "Yes, I am aware," He continued in his irritated voice. "Do you have any girls that are 18 years old or perhaps older?" Mrs. Janson's eyes shot in my direction. It was like she could smell me or something.

     Don't do it Mrs. Janson! This guy could be a complete weirdo! I thought, my eyes going so wide they could have fallen out of their sockets. I pleaded with my eyes. The corners of her mouth turned up ever so slightly. I wanted to slap her.