Nathan Sykes #imagine - Gaps and Bridges

Sammie's POV

You know the moment, where you feel like one perfect moment seals your love forever. Yeah. I felt that too a couple of months ago. Nathan and I, we were just everything to each other. I loved him more than I've ever loved anyone on this planet, and I still do. But these days, the differences between us were only getting more difficult to count. The gap was spreading and no bridges were being made. He would throw hateful words at me and I would do the same to him. Nothing felt like the word 'perfect'. Hell, this was all so far from perfect. 'Perfect' was just galaxies away.

"You know what? You can do whatever you want Nathan. You want to miss our movie night, to get pissed drunk with your mates, that's fine with me!" I spat at his face.

"It's not like you don't fall asleep half way through the movie!! You're always good at blaming me for every stupid thing. For once would you let me be happy?" He spat back. That sentence from hurt more that it should have. He always kept reminding me that I never let him be happy. Then why was he with me? Why didn't he just leave? The broken pieces of my heart were only getting harder to fix.

I looked him with tears in my eyes and just stomped off to my room. He didn't bother coming after me, because I knew he felt like he wasn't the one to blame. Probably he wasn't. Probably I wasn't worth his precious time.

I knew that the day where he tells me that he wants to break up was soon. Even though I didn't want a relationship that made me so depressed, I never wanted to be away from him. I couldn't bear the thought of not being the one waking up next to him, making him smile, laying his clothes down on the bed whilst he showers, cuddling with him on movie nights, making him food,.. Kissing him on the lips. I just couldn't bear the thought of being away from him.

Weeks passed, and things kept only getting more out of hand. It had even got to the point where we threw things at each other out of frustration. I couldn't let him win every battle and get away from it. I was dying inside, but I wasn't ready to show that to him.

We were at the venue for one of their gigs. I arrived a little later as I was caught up at work. I was allowed backstage access as I was his girlfriend. The boys were actually having a small game of football with their team outside. I found Tom's girlfriend, Kelsey in the way and we just started having a casual conversation. We both headed to the field and I continued having conversations with people on the way.

"Hey Sammie. It's been a while since I saw you." Jayne spoke up from behind.

"Heyya. I.. erm.. well.." I couldn't possibly find an excuse for not seeing her in a while. Nathan and I mostly ended up fighting on their gig dates and I would just decided not to go with him.

"I was just busy Jayne!" I finally got the courage to lie to her face.

"Sweetie, are you alright? I know that's not the reason!" She said in a sympathetic tone.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" I choked on each word. I knew I could never lie to Jayne. I've known her since the first day the band was formed and she could read me like an open book.

"Is it Nathan?" She asked softly. I turned my head so I get a glimpse of my boyfriend, enjoying his time with his mates. Not once did he acknowledge the fact that I had also come to see his show. Not like he cared that I was there anyway.

A few tears rolled down my cheek as I thought about how bad things had actually gotten. He was probably sick and tired of being with me.

Jayne pulled me into a tight hug as she rubbed and patted my back. Everyone was looking at me now as I was crying hysterically. Except for Max, Tom, Jay, Siva, and Nathan. They were too involved in their game. Kelsey came over to us and patted my back as she whispered, "It's going to be OK." into my ear. I knew that it wasn't going to be OK. Nothing's ever going back to normal. It was too far from normal!