Tales of the Hood Excerpt Two: This is What I'd Been Waiting For

The day was here and everything was set. I got hold of a venue twenty minutes away for free because I knew the owner. Basically everything fit into my budget perfectly. Myah cooked all the food and the boys helped fix up the hall and set up the speakers and decks. I pressed my suit and hung it up for later. Myah was trying to figure out what shoes she was going to wear whilst I stole some of the chicken.

“I saw that!” she said from the living room door. I smiled to myself as I munched, then I went to sit with her. “Are you ready for today?” she asked.

“Yeah I’m feeling good about it. I hope there’s no mix up because am not feeling to fight on my birthday,” I said, hoping for the best.

“Everything’s going to be alright don’t worry about it,” Myah assured me.

“I hope so. Anyway, what did you get me for my birthday missy?” I said, waiting for her to surprise me.

“You will see at the party, everyone will see it at the party,” she replied sounding shrewd.

 “I have to wait until I reach the party?” I replied, confused as to why she was dragging it out so long.

“Yes you do,” she said cheerfully. I got up to go meet Crime Scene and see what they were doing.

 “I’ll see you in a bit. I’m just going to see what the boys are saying,” I said, walking through the door.

“Okay, tell them hi for me.”

 As I made my way to the frontline I couldn’t help express my excitement. “You cool lads?” I asked grinning.

“Yeah we’re good still. Happy birthday G. What’s the party saying?” asked Jason.

 “It’s cool, everything’s going to plan.”

 “That’s good. Are you on hitting up a couple sales before you go to get ready?”

 “Yeah why not?”

 We swung round the blocks quick then came back and chilled for a while. When I looked at my phone the time was saying 7p.m. and if I wanted to make it to the hall on time I would have had to be at home half an hour ago.

 “Shit! You lot I’m off. Make sure you lot are there on time, safe.”

 “Safe,” they replied.

When I got in I got a cold cursing from Myah. “Where have you been? The party starts in a couple of hours and you’re no where near ready yet,” she moaned.

“I was chilling with them lot and just lost track of time, but I’m here now so what’s the problem?”

She kissed her teeth and went upstairs to do her hair. I lay out all my clothes on my bed and went into the bathroom. Myah had just got in the shower, “Can I join you?” I asked.

“I’m nearly done,” she replied, completely avoiding the question.

“Yeah but I want to be with you.”

She poked her head out from the shower curtain, “Jump in,” she smiled. I got undressed and jumped in the shower swiftly, hugging her curvaceous body.

“I’m sorry for coming in so late, I just lost track of the time. You know how it is with them lot but I didn’t think you would take it to heart like this,” I said, as I wrapped my arms around her shaped waist.

“It’s okay. I’m sorry for being so rude. It’s your birthday, you shouldn’t have any stress,” she replied softly. I smiled then kissed her before she came out of the shower and left me shaving my face. When I got dressed I stood in the mirror and tried to interpret the best way to describe my appearance. I looked like a grown man. My mum would have been proud of me. It was coming up to 10 p.m. and we needed to leave soon. I put on my suede shoes and went to see what Myah was doing in the bathroom. When I stepped in I was amazed when she turned around. She looked beautiful. Her hair was slicked up perfectly. Her body was tightly coated in the dress. Her shoes gave her height and a sexy strut.