• | synopsis •

[to all who are cautious with the ominous qualities and skills harbored by all those who surround you.]

"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides."
-André Malraux

                         FABRICATIONS

                                     • • • •

Humans are born with a sinful nature. As if that's not concerning enough, many have developed the skill to conceal it. Harbored secrets remain on the back burner within countless everyday lives of everyday people. Furthermore, if they're heavily armed with the forte of blending in, there's no doubt many slip through the cracks- fooling everyone in their path. But just like any other universal uncertainty, it's difficult to decipher any danger once it's so close. After all, backstories are easy to hide when you're easy on the eyes.

WARNING: DO NOT STEAL THIS IDEA. THE PLOT WAS CAREFULLY PLANNED AND METICULOUSLY CREATED. IT IS RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL TO TAKE AWAY. IT WILL BE CONSIDERED A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION.

• • • •
Meredith nearly crumbled as horrid realization set in. With one swift glance towards the horrendous scene before her, it was impossible to not acknowledge the universal conclusion everyone else had been quick in making. A heart wrenching shriek escaped her lips once the knees she'd been sustained by buckled beneath her. The petite's body trembled without ceasing and while the frigid temperatures enveloped everyone with pristine sheets of snow, the kind of cold gripping Meredith's insides as it coursed through her veins would never correlate with the weather surrounding her. Intensely rouged cheeks were damped with livid tears, wails of agony spiraling into the crisp night air.

"Grab her, Garrett. H- Hey! Mere... Meredith."

All noises were muffled within her ears as her quivering knees rested on the chilling snow; feeling as, what seemed to be, a herd of arms and hands were suddenly coming to her aid. Despite the unbelievable distance that could be assumed through such unclear dialogue around the young woman, the sudden comfort displayed by immediate help fortified the altered state Meredith found herself in. She couldn't hear a thing. At least, not with the constant thumps of her beating heart throbbing within her temples. A forced grip was reciprocated as she held on to one of the many arms around — nearly inconsolable at the sight of the frigid, blue body solemnly being pulled out from a sea of frozen water and enveloped within the fateful black body bag.

"I'm so sorry, Meredith."

Out of all the commotion, it was surely shocking for the young woman to realize how incredibly loud that certain voice had been. Pulling her gaze away from the sea of paramedics and police officers around the scene, her tearful eyes met with the owner of the heartfelt condolence. She was confronted with familiar blue eyes she'd been accustomed to see throughout the innocent years of an unforgettable childhood. Truth be told, the mere sight of Kenneth actually tripled the agony; his presence mercilessly reminding her of the happiness that seldom made its appearance throughout such pure times. Kenneth's cerulean eyes caged evident bewilderment and fear, whilst his hand continued its service as prime support for the distraught brunette. Tears streamed relentlessly as Meredith shook her head violently.

It's a dream, she'd declared. With tightly shut eyes and suppressed sobs, the young woman gave herself time to awaken.

Much to her horror, her eyes opened to the same ominous scene transpiring — a scene that felt far too real to be a mere dream. The brunette shifted her gaze from Kenneth— the one kneeled along with her atop of the frigid snow; to Garrett, the beloved brother far too speechless to utter a single word. Swirls of rugged breaths hovered around the crisp air as his eyes stayed glued to the scene. His chest heaved repeatedly with the attempt to provide chilling oxygen to his distressed lungs. It wasn't long before Meredith returned the terrified glance back to Kenneth, dark brows furrowed in utter disbelief.

"You said this wouldn't happen again," she cried. A shameful glance was reciprocated by those blue eyes, sending her into an overdue sob.

Throughout her entire young adult life, the declaration of never bringing forth a tragic death to another person had always remained as Meredith's biggest commitment. After so much hurt and unbelievable guilt, the poisonous responsibility she was keen on forgiving herself for was merely an added burden to her shoulders. Yet, the idle promise proved to fail in serving a lasting effect. She shook tremendously as the numb body of her dearest friend, Debra Berle, was entered into the ambulance; the haunting glimmer of bright red lights through the woods mirroring the crimson blood that had never left the brunette's tainted mind. And it was at that moment, that Meredith realized the chilling truth. Just like it had occurred nearly 13 years ago, the brunette's actions— or, in this case, lack of thereof —brought forth yet another tragedy.

The horrific title of a cursed catalyst; solely responsible for the murderous end of a loved one.

   • • • •
NOTE: this is quite different from what i am used to writing but tbh, 90% of my time is spent watching mystery/crime shows so it was only a matter of time before this happened lol.

i sincerely hope you give this story a chance, especially since it's so different from everything else i have done. i am happy to say it's mainly on character development and the mystery so let's see how this goes!!

these stories will be up and running after TAOK is complete!!! *prays this small blurb is enough to keep your interest*
*fails miserably*

comment, vote and share! xoxo
-Kayyyy