Harry Potter and the Wizard's Debt by RavenGryffendor

You are viewing a story from harrypotterfanfiction.com

Harry Potter and the Wizard's Debt by RavenGryffendor

View Online

Format: Novel

Chapters: 49

Word Count: 121,991

Status: COMPLETED

Rating: 15+

Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Violence

Genres: Romance, Action/Adventure, Angst

Characters: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Lupin, Snape, Sirius, Cho, Draco, Ginny

Pairings: Harry/Cho

First Published: 01/06/2004

Last Chapter: 04/08/2004

Last Updated: 09/14/2005

Summary:

Set in Harry's sixth year. He deals with Sirius death, more characters become actively involved in his life, a few new secrets revealed, an enemy becomes unwanted but potentially necessary ally, and more. my first fanfic...we'll see how it goes.

Chapter 1: Painful Memories

[View Online] [Printer Friendly Version of This Chapter]

*Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters. They are all J.K. Rowlings, and I am just trying to abide my time while waiting for her next stories to come out.*

All was quiet in the neighborhood of Little Whining, Surry on that late summer’s night. Not one thing was out place to disturb this seemingly normal little town except one extraordinary boy found in the smallest bedroom of 4 Pivet Drive. You see, this boy with unruly raven hair and deep green eyes hidden behind wrimhorn glasses was a wizard by the name of Harry Potter. He lay awake wrapped in sweat clothes that were too big for him and breathing heavily from a reoccurring nightmare that he’s been having all summer about his godfather, Sirius, falling into an archway known as “The Veil” in the Department of Mysteries. The scene played through his mind like a movie as he recalled rushing to the Department with his friends and then finding it was a trap where Voldemort and death eaters were trying to get a hold of a prophecy. Many people came from the Order to help fight the death eaters, but his friends got hurt, and he remembered seeing Sirius battle with his cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange, and he got hit in the chest with a curse and fell gracefully through air and disappeared behind the veil. It was as if time had stopped at that moment, and Harry tried to get to Sirius, but Remus Lupin had struggled to hold him back.

As Harry wiped his tear stained face, he glared out his window into the starless night recalling his last meeting in Dumbledore’s office where he raged over everything that had built up inside of him over the past year. All the anger, all the frustrations from that Umbridge woman, and lessons from Snape, everything that had been kept from him, all of it seemed to intensify as he threw things and broke things in the Headmaster’s office. During that time, he also heard the prophecy that was destroyed in the Department of Mysteries that he was to either kill the most feared wizard of all time or be murdered by him. All the memories flooded his mind, and a new wave of bitter tears began to roll down his face.

He walked over aimlessly to his bed and began stroking Hedwig’s feathers. She cooed soothingly and nipped him on his finger affectionately. He let out a heavy sigh and drifted off into another trouble sleep.

Harry awoke the next morning with his scar slightly burning. He wondered what why it was hurting, but before he could think on it any longer, several owls were impatiently pecking at the window. Harry heaved himself off his bed and slowly trudged over to open the window. One of the owls ruffed up its feathers importantly, dropped the letter it was carrying, and quickly left. There was a small owl that was hooting noisily and zooming around Harry’s head while the others waited patiently on his bed to be relieved of their letters. Harry held out his hand and quickly grabbed hold of the small menacing owl before it could disturb any of the Dursley’s.