Elizabeth and Darcy's Marriage

Elizabeth Marries Mr Darcy

"Prey, why did your father keep you so long Elizabeth" asked Mrs Bennet 

"Only about some books mama" replied Elizabeth with a smile, Mr Darcy saw the sparkle and excitement in her eyes and knew from there on they were engaged. While Mrs Bennet was engaged in full conservation with Jane and Bingley, about the upcoming wedding, Darcy saw the opportunity to get Elizabeth alone. She was sitting on the small sofa with her sister Mary, indeed the conservation wasn't very invigorating, but Mr Darcy couldn't resist a moment longer without Elizabeth at his side. 

"Miss Bennet" he said solemnly, "Perhaps a walk around the garden as it is quite warm in here" offering his hand with a smile, Elizabeth lost a breath his smile was so charming and alluring "of course" she answered before elegantly rising and leading Darcy out of the door. Once the door was closed behind them Darcy took Elizabeth's arm in his and together strolled to the door, "Lizzie" her father called as he popped his head around his office door.

"When is your mother going to find out?"

Lizzie looked up at Darcy, "Maybe tonight at dinner?"  

"Certainly" answered her father before closing his office door, "Don't be to long."  

"Mr Bennet where is Lizzie and Mr Darcy?" asked Mrs Bennet, interrupting Mr Bennets congratulations to Jane and Mr Bingley. "Lizzie is showing Mr Darcy the grounds" he replied with a smile, Jane and  Mr Bingley, who had heard of the marriage proposal, smiled, happy for there sister and friend.

"How could Lizzie suggest such a thing, why would Mr Darcy want to see the grounds....." Mrs Bennet would have continued, however was interrupted by Kitty, who saw a footman upon horseback approach the house.  

"Papa I think we have a letter shall I go and get it." Kitty made to rise for the door from her seat at the window.

"If you want my dear," answered Mr Bennet

"Wait!" exclaimed Mary "There's no need, I think it must have been for Mr Darcy, he's just took the package, yes indeed it must be Mr Darcy's" nodding before returning to her seat on the small sofa.

"You must be mistaken" Mrs Bennet said with a shake of her head "Unless he sent for something." 

"Maybe my dear" responded Mr Bennet "Perhaps we should let the matter rest and discuss what you have come up with for the wedding." Meanwhile, outside, Elizabeth was puzzled by the footman that was approaching her and Mr Darcy, standing silently back as Mr Darcy took the packageand dismissed the servant. Unable to contain her curiosity, Elizabeth subtly commented "Prey what was all that about, nothing serious I hope" she added. 

"Not at all" said Mr Darcy, smiling down at Elizabeth asked "into the shade maybe?" Led Elizabeth under the cover of the trees.  

Darcy looked into Elizabeth's eyes and drew one arm around her waist to bring her closer, "Lizzie.... you don't know how happy I'm feeling at this moment." Before she could answer he drew her lips to his and kissed her passionately, at first Elizabeth responded hesitantly, but as her ardour grew began to match his enthusiasm. He drew away and stepped back to see her fully, her cheeks were flushing, eyes wide with interest.

"I hope you're going to announce it soon, because I have a gift which will quite certainly give it away," out came a small box delicately and delightfully closed with a purple silk bow. Elizabeth was speechless, silently took the gift and opened it slowly, inside was a gold ring with a series of diamonds in the centre.  

"Mr Darcy you... you... shouldn't have" she said looking down at the ring, Elizabeth's expression brought light to Darcy's eyes. After a few minutes silence of taking it all in, "thank you its lovely" Elizabeth finally replied. At that moment in time Darcy took out the ring out of the box and placed it onto Elizabeth's middle finger on her left hand.