Batman Fanfiction

(This would be with Christian Bale as Batman. Its been in my phone for awhile, so I'd post it.)

Batman

The last thing I remember was the loud sound of a gun shot tearing through human flesh. My flesh. I fell back on the tough pavement of the building's roof, blood oozing from the bullet wound. I grabbed at my side, grunting, as the pain increased.

My vision was blurring from the tears bleeding from my eyes. I closed my eyes hoping it would help with the killer pain when I felt a pair of strong hands pick me up. I panicked, trying to fight them off.

"Hold on." a low, gruff voice comforted me.

I felt the strong pair of arms tighten there grip on me. I reached my hand out and touched what felt like a leathery armor.

I slowly opened my eyes to see a masked man. He had on a black mask, with pointed ears. A black cape flowed around his broad, muscled shoulders. He looked serious, yet his eyes were full of concern.

"Who..." I grunted, not being able to finish the sentence.

I saw him mouth a word, but my ears seemed to have stopped working. My vision went black, and my body grew numb.

-------------------------------------

It seemed only moments later when I came to. I opened my eyes to have them immediately close from the blinding sun pouring through a curtained window. I slowly opened them again to see a decently dressed officer sitting in a chair at the end of the room. He had his arms crossed and his head down, snoring lightly.

I glanced quickly around the room, taking in my surroundings. I was in a small, simple room. I was Lying in a medical bed. I turned to my side to see a heart monitor beeping away as my heart beat steadily. A decent sized window was letting sun pour in throw half-closed curtains. A bunch of wires and devices where everywhere.

On the window sat a small vase of blood red roses that were slowly starting to wilt. At the thought of blood, I remembered what had happened. I lifted up the blue-ish blanket to see warm blood soaking through my medical gown around my waist. I let out a loud grown.

At that time a tall man walked through the door at end of the hall. He was dressed in scrubs, and his name tag had "Dr. Haynes" written on it. The door slammed behind him, making the police man shift in his spot, groan slightly, and open his eyes.

"Sorry, Officer Gordan." the Doctor replied, "Forgot you were here."

"No worries, it's just been a long night." The officer replied.

The Doctor turned back to me and smiled.

"Good to see you awake, Ms." he said, that smile still on his face. "You've had a pretty rough night."

I just stared at him, now knowing exactly what to say, not even sure If he knew what exactly happened. I just smiled in return as he checked the heart monitor, and and all the other devices in the room.

"Well then, things are going good. " he said, Grabbing the clip board at the end of the bed and scribbling something on it. He smiled once again, and scurried out of the room.

The police officer at the end of the room smiled at me behind his glasses.

"Looks like you got yourself into quite a bit of trouble, eh?"

I crossed my Arms. "Depends on your definition of trouble, Officer." I replied back, cooly.

He looked at me for a second, with a serious face. So instead, I asked, "Who brought me here?"

The officer just smiled at me.

He spoke finally, "Batman."

I remained quiet, remembering the masked crusader. The one thing in Gotham city I didn't want to get involved with.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" The officer joked, but keeping a serious face.

"Ha. Ha." I said, "Very humorous." I smirked. "How long have I been in here?"

"A couple days. Two or three, possibly four."

I sat up quickly. "Four days?!" A sharp pain shot through my chest, and I immediately laid back into the bed.

"This is what happens when you get caught up in all that trouble, Ms. Lioness."

'Great. He knew me.' I thought. He saw the look on my face.

"Yes, we do know who you are. But don't worry, no one else does."

"So, you've finally gotten the chance to put me behind bars."

"I'm afraid you can't run this time."

"Not planning on it." I smirked.

Officer Gordon looked at me funny, as if he already knew there was no way I'm gonna end up behind bars.

"Good, because we have the room surrounded with Officers. Escaping with your injury might be painful." He said, "Now get some rest." he smiled. "You'll need it." he added, before walking out into the hall.

-------------------------------------

I layed awake in this small hospital room, thinking about how my prison cell would be about the same size. A small shifting noise caused my attention to move to the wall at the other side of the room. There, at the end of the room, was a tall dark figure. I could only make out the outline. The rest appeared to be a shadow. Fear struck my chest.

"I need information." The shadow said, as he came into a clearer view.

Batman. I tried to remain calm.

"Information? How could I possibly be of any help?" I said, mocking an innocent person.

"We both know you work for the Joker." He replied in that usual deep, rough voice.

"Don't be silly, Bats." I replied. "I'm too good of a person to work for him." I joked, trying to play it cool.

He held something in his hand. "That's not what your criminal record says."

I remained silent for a short time. "Criminal records are for show."

I said, pulling my legs over the side of the bed. "Let's make a deal. I'll help you if you help me. Escape."

Batman didn't say a word while I stumbled to stand up. When I stood firmly on the cold floor I had to brace myself against the bed. I tried to stand up straight to look tough, but you can only look so tough in a hospital robe.

He cocked his head at me continuing to keep a serious face. Well, what I thought was a serious face. His mask covers everything but his mouth. Which was formed in a small smirk.

"Look Batman, I don't know much about the Joker, but if you help me I'll help you."

"I don't trust villains like you." He spoke, his voice deep, "You'll tell me what you know when you're behind bars." He threatened.

I chuckled, "You and I both know that won't be happening." I sat back down on the hospital bed waiting for his decision.