Chapter 1

I wrote this a while ago, hope you like it! Comment, vote, fan. All of that fun stuff.

~~~~~*~~~~~

I hadn't always lived like the way I did now. In fact, only recently had I become a servant girl to the now vampire king.

  It certainly wasn’t something that I would have chosen myself to do. One would have to have some sick mind, it was far from fun. You see, I was part of a bargain between my father and the king. My father was a selfish man, especially since my mother had left us when I was ten. He had become an alcoholic and I had to take care of him.

    It happened like this. One night after one of my father’s drinking episodes; he had gone out of the house late, like usual so I didn’t think anything about it. I didn’t know where he went, but I had later found out that he had somehow gotten into a game of poker with a mystery man. Big shocker there.

  When he ran out of money to bet, he put me on the line, not knowing if this guy was a wanted sex offender or a serial killer or anything. But he did it anyway, he was such a loving man, you can tell. Good old reliable dad, always looking out for me. Yeah right.  And being the way my father was, he didn’t even put up a fight for me.

  He turned out to be the prince of vampires. The next think I knew, I was being awoken from my slumber at four in the morning. I was being picked up and then everything went black.

  I woke up in a room with cream colored walls, hard wood floors, and two beds that looked exactly alike. A white pillow cased pillow, and royal blue quilts on the beds.

  There was a small girl sitting on the bed next to me, just staring at me, smiling.

  “Hi.” I said a little weirded out, I looked around the room with curious eyes. I propped myself up on my elbow to get a better look.

  “Hello.” She replied in a perky, high pitched voice. She stood up from her bed, and came over to mine. She wasn’t very short, but shorter than I was. “I’m Matilda. Call me Mattie though.” I sat up from the bed.

  “I’m Melody.” I extended my hand, and she shook it. “I know who you are. His Majesty told me about you.”

  “Who?” I questioned, puzzled. “His Majesty?” I pondered.

  “Oh, that’s right. You don’t know, do you?” she gave me a sympathetic half smile in response. I wasn’t all sure that I wanted to know about him.

  “Know what?” I was pretty confused. I curled my feet underneath me on the bed and waited for her response.

  “Where you are, or why you’re here.” She sat next to me. “Well, you see, your father bet you in a gambling game with the Vampire Prince. Who is His Majesty, obviously.” She smiled, rolling her eyes playfully before turning serious again. “He went and took you though, and without any complaint from your father either, you poor dear. Now you are in his castle in the land of Lonevetta. Don’t worry though. It’s not as strange as it sounds, trust me.” This was a lot for me to take in at that moment. I just sat there, probably with the world’s dumbest look on my face. “The master might not have taken you though if he didn’t take some sort of fancy to you. You are exceptionally pretty. If that makes you feel any better.”

  No it didn’t. I was pretty, I had supposed. Blue eyes, brown hair, 5’5, and thick shoulder length hair. My father had gotten angry one night, and started cutting my hair. In the end it was uneven, and I had to get someone to cut the rest of it for me. I just smiled at Mattie though.

  “Vampires are real?” was all I could manage to say.

  She laughed. “Yes, they are, just not in your world though. Well, there are very few that live there I should say.”