Unknown Feeling

I saw this book and booksie It was written by Nikki Michelle. Hope u enjoy!

-----

Annessa Dauby hid in the pine tree sheathed in a thick layer of snow, as she closely examined the two vampires remotely. Letting her shimmering, pear green eyes trace them, and their acute stench lingered around them, which smelled of fetid copper and archaic blood that's been rotting in the sewer for myriad years.

"Did you find anything to eat?" one vampire asked.

Her ears perked at the sound of their voices. So velvet, so smooth. That harmonic sound that dares to flow out of their mouths into the facile ears of a human. So inane not to see the lethal words practically dripping from their bottom lip, splashing onto the ground. But who could she blame? That's why they were made the way they were, to feed off the taintless, innocuous human flesh.

Annessa shook her head in disgust.

"Yes, but only a bear, no humans. I do smell something though. Do you?"

Her heart sped up, increasing the her risk of getting fed on. She tried to slow it down; she did, but it would not calm. If anything she'd beg it to stop, for only enough time not to get caught.

"Yes, I do smell it. It smells of human. Search for it."

That word.

It.

She was not an it. She was a person, I simple person in a simple world. Well, almost.

Annessa knew that if she stayed in that spot, the vampires would find her.

She took a deep, low breath and began to remove herself from the hollow, thorny tree.

If I weren't brave, I'd be dead by now, she thought.

Reluctantly, she ran to the nearest hill as silently as possible. It wasn't as easy as she thought. The snow nearly drowning her feet to where the ground lay below it. The crunching sound didn't held much either, as it took everything in her not to relinquish into staying here and dying.

"I'm almost there," she whispered under her breath.

Yes, she was. Annessa had made a big slipup into coming here. As for her, this little stride was to think within herself, and to solve personal problems, or to clarify many things that have been pestering her.

But no.

She magically discovered a couple vampires out "possibly" on their hunting trip.

Oh yes, my life is dandy right now, she thought sarcastically.

As Annessa forced her fingers into a heap of snow, she yanked her body forward, constraining herself up the steep hill.

She grunted lowly, as she pushed herself over the hill and onto the other side.

She was safe-for now.

Annessa clenched her eye together tightly, trying to get moisture back in them from the dry, brisk wind. She flexed her muscles forward in her fingers, attempting them to thaw out from the icy snow.

Her body trembled, as her nose began to run.

I hope I'm not getting sick.

She ventured a low sniffle, peering around her, taking in her surroundings. Mainly checking for life, or dead life.

Bloodsuckers.

"I think I'm getting closer! The smell of it is getting stronger!"

Annessa's heart pounded against the thin layer of skin on her body, as they became closer.