Running For Your Life Is Great Exercise

The high machine-like whirring gets louder as the cannons on Mettaton's arms quickly power up.

You gasp and back up as your magic responds to your fear. Violet lightning crackles along your arms, quickly covering the rest of your body as a bright white beam comes from each cannon.

You realize that your eyes are closed so you quickly open them to find you and your monster group several feet to the side, away from the huge steaming crater where you five were standing.

Your blood drains from your face as you suddenly realize that your magic transported you all out of the line of fire... and that crater could've been you five.

From the looks on the other's faces, they put two and two together as well. They grabbed you and stepped infront of you defensively as a crackling white noise comes from the speaker on Mettaton's chest. The white noise cuts off as a voice that you've never heard before comes out of the speaker and fills the clearing. "Well, well, well. A human with magic, hm? Not to worry! I have just the thing."

You look at Mettaton in alarm as his cannons and hands start to crackle with red and yellow lightning before he slams them to the ground. Before anyone can do anything, the lightning skips and dances across the forest floor toward you all in less than a second. It envelops everyone and you shriek in agony. The others keep in their screams, but you can tell that they're hurting as well.

After an eternity, the lightning stopped and disappeared. You groaned and looked at the others. You all had fallen down in a heap when you were attacked my the lightning. Mettaton's speaker crackles again before the same voice speaks up once more. "That was one of my new additions to this hunk of junk here. Do you like it? I call it an EMP! That stands for Electro Magic Pulse. Can you guess what it does?" You don't need to if what you're feeling is correct. You felt like something was wrenched from out of you and was being chained up. Your magic. You couldn't use your magic anymore! Before you can panic even more, the voice, (you guess that this evil person must be the infamous Alphys) starts talking again. "I can tell from those beautiful fearful looks on your faces that you've figured it out. Sadly the EMP can only take away your magic temporarily. BUT, that's all the time I need to eradicate you!"

You and your monsters scramble up painfully as the voice cuts off and Mettaton's cannons begin to power up again. Papyrus has a pained but angry grimace on his face as he grasps your hand and urges you to run. "CURSE THAT ROBOT AND HIS CREATOR! I SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE!!"

You almost trip, but Sans helps to keep you steady. You're about to speak but then Grillby rams into you all and steers you all to the right not a second too soon. You jump and look back as you see another crater where you all were going to be had Grillby been a second too slow. You swallow and toss a glance at Mettaton who was now sporting four poles on his back that emitted what looked like a red wing out of each pole and he was flying with them! You wanted to try and talk some sense into him, but he now had a dead look on his face. He was still crying, however.

You turn back around just in time to catch a large glowing leaf with your face. You smack the leaf away and turn to Papyrus to talk before you get interrupted again. "Papyrus! Don't say that! Mettaton doesn't want to do this! I'm... I'm sure that he'll come to his senses before something really horrible happens!"

Papyrus whips his head around to glare at you. "'BEFORE HE DOES SOMETHING HORRIBLE'!? LOOK AT THIS!" He raises a had and attempts to summon a bone, but nothing happens but a few red wisps of smoke in his hand, then even that evaporates. He clenches his hand into a fist and grits his teeth as it begins to tremble. He then gives you an ugly accusing look. "IF YOU HADN'T STOPPED US, NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING!THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU ARE THE REASON WHY MY MAGIC IS GONE! MY... MY MAGIC IS ALL I AM! WITHOUT IT... I'M... WEAK... I AM NOTHING..." His bones rattle loudly before he turns away with both of his hands clenched into fists and shaking.