How to Become Successful on Wattpad: A Beginners Guide.

Start from the beginning

However, if you can write 7 pages at a time, good for you!

There is one drawback to that though. Votes.

If you upload a whole chunk of writing at one time, people can only vote once for the entire thing. If votes are really important to you, think about shorter chapters.

The bottom line: Keep your chapters long enough that readers don’t get bored, yet short enough that you get votes for them. (Again, in my opinion, shoot for at very least 1000 words.)

When should I post my chapters?

You should post your chapters every few days, probably about three days to a full week in between each chapter.

Why? Because this allows your readers to catch up on what’s going on without getting bored. Go too long and you’ll lose readers.

What if I have a whole bunch of chapters to post right now?

Here’s a very good tip for you to remember… If you have more than one chapter finished, don’t post them all at once!

Post your chapters one at a time, every few days. I’d say wait at least 24 hours before posting the next chapter if you’re really antsy about it, and three days would be even better.

This allows you to begin to accumulate reads and votes. If you dump 5 chapters onto Wattpad at one time, only the people online at that time will see your chapters on the What’s New list. You’ll only get as many reads as if you just posted one single chapter.

The bottom line: No matter how bad you may want to post all of your story right now, don’t. If you wait between each chapter, you’ll accumulate more reads and votes. Do NOT post more than ONE chapter at a time.

Earlier I talked about how I try to stop at a cliffhanger. This is perfect because it keeps people coming back for more.

If you have a whole chapter that’s just intro to your characters or them sitting around, I won’t have any incentive to keep reading. Keep the story going and keep people coming back to see what happens.

The bottom line: End your chapter with a carrot to keep your metaphorical rabbit readers hooked on your fascinating story.

Now we’ll talk about something extremely important.

Good grammar.

It’s pretty simple. Spell things right and put the punctuation marks where they’re supposed to go. It’s so simple!

Why?

Because it shows that you have pride in your work. You care about your writing enough to make sure that it’s perfect and presentable to your fans.

An easy solution: Go through your chapter once before posting. Correct each error. Don’t skip any. You should catch most of them and your work will look a hundred times better. Use a dictionary.

How can I promote my story?

Getting your story out there can be one of the most difficult things a Wattpad writer has to face. It can easily get lost in the other million uploads of work on Wattpad. This is especially true for those who write romance, vampire, and werewolf fiction.

However, it doesn’t have to be this way. Your story can become well read and without you having to advertise to a bunch of people.

The simple answer?