Desire

It's been many months since Saruhiko has seen you work in SCEPTOR 4 as the Blue King's clansmen. Through your diligent and endeavoring efforts, he would secretly take notice but remain nonchalant. In the office where the other members shared, Munakata placed your desk next to him, which irritated him.

At the beginning, he didn't care for your wellbeing but gradually, when you dauntlessly challenged the tougher opponents, his feelings changed. How can such a girl be so reckless? You reminded him of Misaki; moronic, simple, and easy to pick on, but also reliable.

When you smile from your accomplishments, the raven haired boy would glance to the side and feel his heart palpitating. He found it endearing to see such an innocent smile, but he didn't want to express any emotion to ruin his image. It became difficult for him to breathe normally whenever you appeared and spoke to him. From your soft-looking hair, smooth skin, luminous eyes, luscious lips, and adorable giggling, his heart began to skip beats to the point where he must excuse himself to the bathroom. While in the bathroom, he curses at himself for falling for such a simpleton. Clutching onto his chest, he sucks in air through his teeth and faces the mirror. As much as he hated to admit it, he wanted the beautiful and perfect you to himself.

At times when Munakata requested for you in his office, Saruhiko couldn't help but think of what may happen with you two, alone, in a private room. To make his conclusion worse, you would always return to your desk with a goofy smile and slightly messy clothes after visiting the Blue King. Clenching his fists, he clicks his tongue and resumes work on the computer. He refuses to believe his somewhat accurate delusion. You can't possibly be sleeping with the Blue King, right? No. Absolutely, no. He will not accept such false accusations without any evidence.

                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It came to the point where Saruhiko couldn't take it anymore. He hid a tiny camera in the corner of his King's office, hoping to find his speculation as a lie. In the hours of recording, nothing happened. Munakata simply played shogi, drank green tea, or passed the time with his favorite puzzles. When you finally arrived in his office, he realized that he overreacted. You gave the Blue King paperwork, chat for a bit over tea, and left the room. Nothing particularly happened.

Slumping back onto his chair, he heaves a sigh of relief. Staring at the ceiling, he clicks his tongue, "What am I doing...?"

How could he feel such relief after knowing that there's nothing going on between you and the Blue King? He couldn't possibly be attracted to you, could he? His body has been acting abnormal ever since he saw your smile. It must be the hormones. There cannot be any other explanation; hormones caused his heart to leap near you.

                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The desire grew within him each and every passing day. He wanted to work with you, just to see your hardworking self. He wanted to scold you for your clumsiness, because he cared for you. He wanted to watch you dance with your sword against the enemy, to see your graceful movements in the air. He wanted to stay with you and hold you in his arms.

He wanted you.

Every chance he saw to get close to you, he hesitated because he felt that his tainted hands shouldn't touch your pure self. His hands, callous and bloodstained, betrayed his one and only best friend. What if he does it again, but to you? What if he stabs you in the back unconsciously? What would he do? Does he even deserve to stand by your side?