Legand of the Sidhe- The Modlah

There is a place in Ireland that sits between two Rowan tree's, this place is untouchable and impermeable by man, it holds a vast empire of beings called the Sidhe.

My name is Binne and I am a sidhe, we go by many names, fairy, fae, elf's and trixters but Sidhe is our true name. We have no wings nor do we lure mortal children in to our fortress to steal their life force but we do, depending on our clans, live amoung humans. Talking with them, working with them, laughing with them and most importantly experiencing them. To gain knowledge of the world us Sidhe must learn the ways of every creature. I have never left Grael, my home, where  I have lived for the last hundred years.

The Moladh , our rulers who enforce the few rules we have has summouned me and as I wait outside nervously ringing my hands I think of all the things I could have possibly done wrong. It is forbidden to leave Grael without permission from the Moladh but many a night I have sat at the gates staring out at the human forest so close to ours but yet so far, many a night I have wished to belong in the daoine clan who are able to travel into the mortal world at the mere age of fifty. I however, belong to leannan clan for my musical abilities and have many longer years before I am able to step foot on mortal soil as my soul is seen as more fraile and suceptable to humans violent displays of anger.

"Come Binne Averyin, the Moladh have summouned you" Said the guard who had watched me as I waited nervously outside the Moladh court.

I stepped forward, running my hands down my dress as he opened the great doors and walked by my side toward the table holding some of the most powerful fairies in our realm. I had never been in the Moladh court before but had been told of it's magnicance. Grael was a place of nature, made of great oak tree's , weaving vines and magic. The Modlah court was made of black stone, it's ceiling and walls carved into the twisting body's of lower sidhe, their bodys intwining and embracing as if stuck forever in an intimate dance.

"Binne Averyin of the Leannan clan we call you forth to offer you  the honour of travelling to the mortal world and living amoung them, as one of them, in order to receive and gather information that may be of importance to Sidhe's, we wish for you to bless their lives with music and extinguish the fire that burns inside you with want of the human realm." His voice bellowed throughout the court, rebounding off the black stone walls and sinking deep into my soul as if his very being was magic. Raw and powerful.

"It would be a great honour" I bowedmy head, lowering myself beneath them in a sign of servitude and let my long white hair cascade around me in soft silky curtain.

The Moladh nodded their heads signalling the guard to my side so he could lead me away. I took one last long look at the Moladh before I allowed the guard to take me. The Moladh were powerful beings and also shapeshifters. There physical body was in a constant state of flux between the two, their billowing black cloaks hiding their animalistic features as much as showing their high magical status.

They were indeed very intimadating.