Because You Love Me

She wouldn't speak with anyone, not even her own daughter Maria or Diana or even her son Achilles . She didn't feel much when it happened or even a week after. She couldn't even sew anything without sobbing. She walked through the Homestead, walking up to the hill. There set four grave stones.

She only came up here twice once for the old man's funeral and now.. she stared at the gravestone next to it, her eyes began to burn as she read the stone. "Connor Kennway, courageous man best friend and loving husband" She fell to her knee, tears rushing down her face. 

"Why did....did you leave?" she asked the man who lay beneath the tombstone."You had so much more life left. Why did you have to go on that mission? Why did he have to kill you!" she slammed her fist into the ground. 

"Mommy." Her son called his dark brown hair mopped over his face, she motioned him to her and he walked over plopping down in her lap. 

"Mommy why are you crying?" he looked up at her then at the tombstone, he stood up just the drop to his knees. he slammed the ground viciously. "Why are you making my mommy cry, stop it that not nice." he pounded at the ground.  

"Achilles stop." 

"But mommy it's making you cry."  

"He is your father Achilles and he has a habit of doing that." She laughed. 

"Why is he making you cry mommy?" he looked into her eyes, she noticed the freckled face and dark brown eyes full of pure innocence. Her eyes began to water again, he looked so much like his father. 

"He makes me cry because."she swallowed hard. "Because he'll never get to see you grow up and never share all our memories here next to us, with us in the flesh." 

"Why?"  

"He's up in heaven watching over us." she stared up at the sky and smiled sadly. "Say hello to your father Achilles." the boy looked up with his mother and waved at the sky. 

"Hi daddy, I am being a good boy not fighting with mommy or sissies at all." he looked up at her again as tears streamed down her cheek. "Also try not to make mommy cry so much she's. has to get back to work." the boy pouted crossing his arms. She giggled then looked at the sky again. 

"I know you will always be with me. Holding me, protecting me.Because you loved me, because you love me. Thank you Connor."she finally spoke for the first time in weeks and her heart fluttered.