Love Bites (So do I)

I can't believe that it has been this long since I have seen my uncle. I wish that I could have seen him more then I was really able too. I love my uncle very much, but since that he moves around a lot., I didn't get too. He is now back in Palmer, Alaska, finally, and I get to go see him. I'm glad that I get to go see him now. Hopefully he doesn't move again soon, because I want to be able to spend as much time as I can with him. He is one of the few family members that gets me and understands what I'm going through.

      For the past 50 years I have felt alone and didn't have anyone to talk to about this stuff too. It's been really hard on me going for family member to family member and no one giving a shit about me. I have so many questions for my uncle, I hope that I can get answers for them all.

      It's been crazy being like I am and there are very few people like me. Just because I'm not exactly normal. But what is normal anyway.

- An hour later-

      Getting to my uncle's place has been a long one, but at least there is more than one person that understands me, Or at least that's what my uncle told me when I called him. I'm a little nervous to meet them now.

-5 minutes later-

      Finally here, I'm ready to see my uncle again after 50 years. What was I thinking though, I hope that he is actually happy to see me.

      I got out of the car and walked up the steps. Here goes nothing. I walked up the steps to the door, man I'm so nervous, when I was about to knock on the door, it opened. There after 50 years stood my uncle. He looked just as I remembered him from when I saw him last. Wow some things really don't ever change.

      Me- Uncle John?

      John- Raven!!

      Me- (yelled) Uncle John!!!

      I smiled and jumped up into his arms, I never want to be away from him now. I really missed his hugs.

      After what seemed like a few minutes of hugging him, he introduced me to every one. I felt so out of place, especially when he introduced me to his wife, Trace. It felt so awkward.

      I haven't met her before now. She seems like she would be cool once you get to know her. I wonder if he has said anything about me to anyone.

     I walked over to the couch, when I sit down. I was by myself and Jade, being the sweet child she is, came up to me and started talking to me.

      Jade- Hi I'm Jade.

     She put her hand out to shake mine and I shook her hand. Man it's good to see kids like that.

     Me- Hi Jade, it's nice to meet you. I don't like or normally asking this, but how old are you?

      Jade- 7 year old, why?

      Me- I wasn't sure how old you were sweetie. You seem to fit into the family perfectly.

       Jade- It's because of my mommy and daddy. and the rest of the family too.

      Me- I bet it is.....I don't know if I'm ever going to fit in with this family.

     Jade- How do you know? You really haven't tried yet.

      She was right I haven't tried yet. It's time to lace up my boots and have a go at it.

      Me- You're right, I do need to try, but I'm not sure what to do though.

      Jade- Just be yourself. They will like you that way.

      Me- Okay, I will. Thank you for listening and for the advise.

      Jade- You're welcome. I have a question though.

      Me- What is it?

      Jade- What does advise mean?

      Me- It's when you listen to someone's problem and try to help them with it.

      Jade- (very excited) Like I did?

      Me- Yes like you did.

      Jade went into her room to play with her toys. Man, I thought that she was older then what she was. My uncle walked into the room and sit down next to me.

      John- So you talked to Jade, huh?

      Me- Yeah, sweet child.

      John- Yes she is. She knows that there is something different about her, but she doesn't know what yet.

      Me- Oh wow. In a way it has to be tough on her. Not understanding what is going on with her.

       John- Yeah, but she's done very well with it so far.

       Me- Uncle John, are there others like us here?

      John- Not that we know of right now. As soon as any of us find out we will tell everyone in the house about it.

       Me- I just don't want us to be the only family like us here.

       John- I understand that kiddo, but as of right now, we are it.

       Me- What about Trace? She doesn't really seem to like me all that much.

      John- She likes you, she doesn't know how to express her feelings about you right now.

       Me- So it's going to take sometime time for her to warm up to me.?

       John- Yeah. I talked to her about you all the time. I love that you are back in my life after all of this time. I'm sure she will warm up to you real soon hun, okay? ( then he hugged me, man, he's strong)

        Me- Okay Uncle John, I'll give her some time.

        John- That's my girl. ( then he kissed my head.)

        My uncle is one of the greatest guys ever, that's why I hated to be away from him for so long. I love my uncle very much.

- Later that day-

        I seen my aunt, Trace, on the deck so I thought that I would try and go talk to her some. I walked out by her and sit down in the chair beside her.

         Trace- What do you want?

         Me- I thought that I would try and get to know you better.

          Trace- Well I don't want to do that though.

          Me- Why not? I just want to get to know what my aunt is like. I know that we won't be this perfect family, but we can try to get to know each other a little bit right?

          Trace- Hmmm......no. I don't care who you are, I don't want to get to know you. I love your uncle, but it doesn't mean that I have to like you.

          Me- I love my uncle too, that's why I was trying to get to know you, the woman that he loves. We don't have to be friends, but we do need to co-exist in this house. I don't want anything to happen to this family. This has been close to a family as I can get and I don't want to ruin that.

          I got up and walked away. I don't know what to think after that, I didn't know that she was going to act like that or I would have stayed away from her. If she only know how hard this was on me. I found my uncle inside near where me and my aunt where. I asked him if he heard what she said to me. He said yes and that he would talk to her about it. I told him not to worry about it. That I would just stay away from her from now on. Why does she have to be so mean about everything? I was just trying to talk to her and she did that.