That Note In My Locker

Everyone tells you when you are down to stay strong. Well for me staying strong isn't enough. My home life is a mess with an over protective father who will never let me be happy and here is the thing, he always manages to get into my head and make me feel alone. If you think that is bad, school isn't any better. You see I have fallen hard for the most talented boy in my school. He is amazing and I really really like him. He always flashes a smile when he walks pass me that sends me weak in the knees. His accent is to die for, a thick Gloucester accent that instantly sends my ears into a trance of his sound. It's just a shame his girlfriend is the most popular girl in the school and she hates my guts. Eventhough I am nothing but nice to her. This is my nightmare life, I'm stuck in a nightmare of choices. All I want is to be happy but how can I when I have this. My name is Anna-May and this is my story. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

It was the start of another school year full of exciting lessons and over the top exaggeration of doing homework (please note that I am chocking on my own sarcasm here). I woke up too early for my body to agree and got ready for school. A pencil skirt with a white shirt was the uniform for my year group. This was my life. I got my bag ready and sorted out the tangled mess of my hair into something more suitable and not making me look like an idiot. It took a while before I was ready to leave. I was meeting my closest friends Lydia, Amber, Suzanne and Natalie at school. Us five were invinceable together but the problem was I was the only single one out of us four. Natalie was dating Tom, Amber was going out with Max, Suzanne was with Jay, and Lydia was going out with Siva so there left little old me out of the loop. This wasn't all, all of their boyfriends were friends with Nathan. 

When I got to school I found every one of them kissing their boyfriends. I just thought to leave and go to my locker. Walking back through those familiar corridoors was so strange since I hadn't been there for well over a month. It was filling up fast as I found my locker. I pulled my key out of my bag and unlocked it. I opened it up to see an empty locker, it was soon going to get full again. I pulled my afternoon textbooks out of my bag and placed them in my locker for later. I looked to the inside of the door and noticed all the pictures of everyone. My amazing friends who I loved to bits. I closed my locker door to see Nathan leaned across the next one kissing his girlfriend Amy. I couldn't bare to even look at them exchanging saliver with each other. I walked straight past the boy I had fell hard for and headed to my first class, History, the topic was Titanic. This was a subject that intrested me a lot. I don't know why but it just did. 

I walked into History to see everyone was partnered boy and girl. Miss Maymen had a thing for doing this to try and stop us from talking to our friends. How unfair? All my friends were lucky and got their boyfriends and there was little old me who was going to be alone. I sat at the allocated desk and took my seat. A few moments later Nathan rolled into lesson. Wow he looked amazing in his uniform. 

"Mr Sykes. How good of you to turn up to lesson. Please take you seat next to Anna-May" MissMaymen said. I swear my heart skipped a beat at that moment. He casually walked over and gave me a smile as he sat down next to me. 

"Okay, now everyone is here. Your first prodject is to look at the story behind Titanic. So the person you are sat with is your work partner for this year" I looked over to Nathan and he gave a reasuring smile. That smile instantly made me crack one back. This year was going to be interesting. 

 Class went by far too quickly for my liking. Soon enough he was back with Amy. I walked past them to my locker. I opened it up to find a note flying out of it like a little butterfly as it slowly landed to the floor. I bent down to pick it up and opened it up. 

Anna-May. 

Nathan would never like you. Even if you was the last girl on earth. You better ask for a different partner in history or you will be seriously hurt. 

Amy. 

I closed my locker and walked to my next lesson. Nathan walked past me alone and stood straight infront of me. 

"Anna-May, what are you doing tonight. We may as well get this prodject done soon." I looked into his eyes to see his amazing green eyes looking direct into mine searching for an answer. Suddenly the note from Amy meant nothing. 

"I'm doing nothing tonight if you want to get started." I smiled back innocently. 

"Great. I will meet you after school in the liabury." He looked back at me 

 "Yep, see ya then" He walked past me as I waled to my next lesson. 

By lunch time I didn't know what to think. Amy had been giving me dirty looks and then shouting out to the whole class things about me. I had none of my friends in my lessons so I was alone, with no-one to defend me. I couldn't face the heartache any more. When the bell did go I ran to the toilets. I didn't want anyone to hear me cry. Being told to stay strong is hard because what do they know about your life. What is it to do with them? I know one thing, I didn't eat anything at all. I couldn't face it. One of things Amy called out was that I was fat. This was the toughest thing. I always felt fat and that just made it more true. Lydia had come in trying to find me but I just wanted to be alone. She looked to the bottom of the doors and then walked away and out of the room. I was back alone to drown in my own sorrows. What was I meant to do? 

 The bell went and I headed to lesson. The dry tear stains were still showing on my face but I didn't mind until that point. I walked into my next lesson to see Amy and Nathan sat there with everyone else in the room. 

 "Ohhhhh Loooook Anna-May has been crying. Awwww, is somebody upset. Well the truth hurts and just know Nathan is mine, no one elses so ha." I couldn't fight back the tears anymore as I ran straight out of the room. "Anna-May Wait." Called my teacher but I didn't even wait. I ran. I ran as far as I could just to get away from that place. My heart was broken into thousands of pieces. I went straight home to find myself home alone. This is what I wanted. I ran to my room and closed the door. This was my space. 

 A simple room with all of my books and clothes all neatly away and with space to move you could say it is one of the cleanest. I hate my room being a mess. Even the photos on my wall were in a special way. It was my continuous prodject that just kept growing. The wall paper allowed me to stick photos on there and decorate a frame and write all over it. I liked to create it.