Chapter 3

*Shain's POV* 

Taking a hushed breath I shakily said "..Paisley.. please answer..I'm hurtin'...booze ain't helpin..pills have been all used up..I-I don't know what to do anymore..I ca-can't shave because thats just just teasing myself. I need you, more than ever right now, please don't shut me out like I did you, please." 

*Paisley's POV* 

Sitting in our field for the third time this week. "Aiden, I should really be gettin' home. They're gonna wonder where I am and my phone is in your room." 

"Honey you worry too much." 

I sighed "I guess so". 

Looking down at my promise ring I think about staying this way forever. He had customized it with everything he knew was important to me with our names coming last on the inside. On the outside were two stones, a November and March birthstone, eternity symbol, a cross, and the word Faith for reasons few knew about, but only he knew how much it meant to me. I smiled thinking about the thought he had put behind it to make it special for only one person. Me. 

*Jace's POV* 

Taking a coffee from work to go, I slumped across the parking lot to my car and just sat in it. For how long I didn't know. I was drawn out of my trance by a tap on my window. Keylee. I never expected to see her this soon. Actually I didn't even remember how long it had been since I called her. 

"Can I interrupt?" She said with a smile as I rolled the window down. 

"Yeah I wasn't doing anything just thinking and starring off into space. How 'bout you?" 

"Oh you know the usual flying through space to find your stare." She smiled. 

I liked her playful tone because it meant she couldn't be here to reject me, harshly anyway. 

"Keylee..I-I-" She cut me off. 

"Stop, I've got something to say. You played me. You teased me. Made me cry. Twisted my emotions. Shattered me only to build me back up to knock me right back down. Why on Earth would I want to continue any kind of relationship with you?" She looked at me, her green eyes full of hurt. 

"Keylee, I-" She cut me off again. 

"I wasn't done. Jace I came back to you everytime. I'm here right now for reasons, the same reasons that make me take you back everytime, but I don't know or understand them. Does that make me stupid or just still in love with you? Just like how I ended up in a Starbucks parking lot at one in the morning knowing it's after curfew. I always seem to find you, even when you're the reason that my heart is being held in my chest by a fraction of a string. I didn't even intend on coming here. I was going for a drive to get you off my mind and before I know it I'm in the same car that I was once naked in the backseat of." 

I had been sitting here that long..five hours. "That fight never should of happened" I say but can't take my eyes off the steering wheel. 

She sighs, "..I know.." She said quietly.  

She knows exactly what I was talking about. It happened in my hallway while my parents were on vacation in Hawaii for their twenty-fifth anniversary. 

"Jace I won't take you back right now. You have to prove you've changed over the last few months, it looks like you have but I need to know it's real." She says as she gets out of my car and I couldn't even ask for her to wait or stay. All I could do was watch her leave. 

*Aiden's POV* 

I love her, Paisley you know. The one you sent to me straight from heaven. Thanks for that by the way. I've fallen in such a short period of time, so hard to. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing but right now it's an amazing feeling. Well now that I'm done bending your ear God I'm gonna get out of this shower and put clothes on. 

...  

"You love her don't you?" My mom asked. We were eating out, just us tonight. It's a rare thing, us being alone.  

"Yeah.." I trailed off as I looked away from her. I could sense her dark blue eyes on me. Which I seem to have inherited. 

"I ask one thing." Her tone was serious. I looked up so that we were looking eye to eye. 

"Don't do her wrong and don't lead her on." 

"Mama you know I couldn't do that, not after the important people I know that have been done that way." I smiled but on the inside it made me mad that my no good dad couldn't stay around long enough to know my name. My brother on the other hand had a different dad case. His dad promised my mom the world and have her hell, along with another child to raise alone. I couldn't change anything about it but I would never do that to anyone else.