Chapter 5

It was around three o'clock in the morning when Niall woke up hungry. He jumped out of bed and left Zayn's room, peering into the darkness. He had always hated the dark, but at least his eyes didn't take long to adjust. He tip-toed to the kitchen, scared if he was loud enough he'd wake Harry up. And from the way he was talking to Zayn the past few days, he wasn't very happy with a third roommate. Niall opened the fridge and searched for something Zayn gave him before he went to bed, but he didn't remember what it was called. 

Niall decided to search the cupboards and moved the cups around, expecting to find food. As he pushed the glass cups over, they all went flying toward the floor. Niall screamed as the cups shattered, sending glass shards everywhere. Including into Niall's skin. He began to sob at the stinging in his feet, and soon enough he could make out blood. He fell to the floor, clutching his two bloody feet. A few seconds later and the kitchen light was flicked on. 

"What the hell?" Harry growled, rubbing his eyes. He didn't go any further because he didn't want to step in glass. Harry looked at Niall who was crying and holding his cut up feet. 

"I'll call Zayn," Harry sighed. Niall already knew Harry wouldn't help him, because he didn't like him. When Zayn and Harry got into a fight the other night, Harry even said so himself he hated Niall. 

"No!" Niall called after Harry. 

"Why?" Harry appeared in the doorway again, but with a frown. 

"Niall fine and clean up. No talk Zayn." Niall got on his feet, fighting the urge to scream out in pain. He had to show Harry he was fine enough to clean up the mess he had caused. Niall showed Harry a convincing smile, but held his tail tightly to forget the pain. Harry shook his head and left the kitchen. After Niall heard Harry's door close, he let himself drop to the floor and cry again. Niall sort of wanted Harry to call Zayn so he could talk to him on the weird thing they called a phone, but he didn't want Zayn to get mad at him. 

"You might want to hurry up and clean it! Zayn's almost home!" Harry called over. Harry thought if he could keep getting Niall in trouble, Zayn would get tired of dealing with Niall and get rid of him. It's the only way to go, Harry thought. 

"Harry talk to Zayn?" Niall wondered, feeling betrayed by Harry.

"Well, I figured you'd need help and I need to sleep...sorry," Harry lied, leaving his room to go to the bathroom. Niall smiled, not knowing Harry was secretly being an asshole.

"Thank Harry!" 

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Harry called back, feeling the guilt again. Niall felt happy that Harry would do that for him, and coudn't wait for Zayn to get home. Niall began to lick his wounds, but they would just sting even more. He found that weird, but continued anyway. 

     Zayn had just given a group of drunk people some more drinks before wiping down the empty tables. He tucked his uniform shirt back in and ruffled his hair on his way back to the bar stand. Earlier there had been a ton of dancing, sweaty people. A huge fight had broken out, and Zayn ended up with a black eye trying to break it up and not to mention a pounding headache. The bar was quite now and Zayn was grateful. Just as he was going to tell the group of people he was closing down, his cell phone rang. Who'd be calling him at three thirty in the morning? Zayn glanced at his screen and Harry's name flashed across the screen. What does he want now?

"Hello?"

"You might want to come home earlier tonight." Harry's husky voice mumbled. 

"Where's Niall?" Zayn knew Harry would only be calling to tell him something happened to Niall.

"Sitting on the kitchen floor." Harry didn't seemed to worried about Niall. Zayn sighed frustratedly.

"And?"