Love is More Then You Think

Love is More Than You Think

“Nick, please, I promise I didn’t tell anyone!” I shrieked, tears running down my face.

“You just love to piss me off eh’?” He asked, stepping closer to me. I slowly started backing up, and held my hands up to my face. Nick traced my every step.

“No! I didn’t tell anyone! I couldn’t. I love you too much to tell anyone!” I sobbed. I gently put my hands on his arms. Suddenly Nick’s fist connected with my face. I felt warm blood drip down my face. I sniffed and flinched away from him.

“Why are you doing this to yourself?” He punched his hand repeatedly. I was getting very scared. This wasn’t the first time he beat me, but i had a feeling this was going to be the worst beating he will ever give me. He believes I told some of my friends that he hits me, but I haven't told anyone.

“I told you, I am being completely honest, I didn’t tell anyone about what happens between us! No one knows about my punishments!” I shrieked, cowering back into the corner of his room. He looked shocked, like I was lying to him.

“How do I know? Why have all of the teachers been keeping a closer eye on me? Why are your friends avoiding me? Why are my friends acting like I'm about to beat the crap out of them?” Nick punched me again, this time blood spewing out from my mouth. I whimpered and more tears streamed down my face. Something flashed into Nick’s eyes and he pulled me into his arms. I clung back to him not caring that my blood was getting all over his shirt. I loved Nick, but he treats me so good, then treats me like a dog. I don't know if he loves me or not.

“I didn’t tell baby, I promise!” I whispered desperately again. Nick pushed me off of him and grabbed the baseball bat next to him and crashed it into my ribs. I cried out in pain and heard a cracking sound as he smashed it against me once more. There was more cracking and it was starting to get hard to breath. The outside of my eyes started to turn black around the edges. I heard a door open and I was yanked up. I tried walking but my side was in excruciating pain. I felt Nick's hand jerk me and I went flying down the stairs. Nick thumped down the stairs and pulled me back up against the wall. He pressed himself hard into my waist. I cried out and spat into his face. I heard him growl and he pressed himself harder, hurting my hips. I yelped out and tried to push him off of me. I started to feel trapped and i was losing my vision. I heard the front door next to me open and a Nick was no longer pressed on me. I fell to the ground and I was no longer conscious.

“Lexi!” a familiar voice yelled shaking me. I jerked straight up, panting and tears streaming down my face. An arm wrapped around me and I realized Alexander (Aka Alex), my twin brother, was on my bed. I pressed my face into his chest sobbing and he wrapped both arms around me.

“Nick again?” His voice was gentle and comforting. I nodded my head and he held me closer. We sat like that for about ten minutes, waiting for my nightmare -more like night terror- to disappear

“Well, we need to get ready for school, were leaving in 45 minutes.” Alex gave me one last squeeze and left me sitting in a cold, sad heap on my bed. I forced myself out of bed and dragged myself to the bathroom. I turned the hot water all the way up on and stood there, letting the water take my regret down the drain. I felt so alone, in the sense of that no one but Alex knew how I was feeling. I finally jumped out of the shower and got dressed. I dragged myself downstairs with my bag and ate silently and ashamed. Eventually Alex tapped me so we could go to school. Another friend-less day for me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

15 minutes later, I was standing outside of the school. I pulled my hood over my head as I walked behind Alex and his friends to our homeroom. I just couldn’t take the risk of finding another person like Nick, because mentally he scared me. With everything he's done to me; every insult, every put down, every hit. Its made me weaker and weaker, emotionally. I didn’t want to risk becoming mentally crazy because of the crap hes done. He's made me scared of everything. that’s why I don’t want friends. We arrived to the room and I took a seat in the way back corner, where no one really sat. The teacher got up front and started talking about our grades and how important it is to keep them up. I tuned him out and looked at the board behind him, hoping he wouldn’t call on me at anytime. After about 30 minutes the bell rang and snapped me out of my blank state.