The Typical Landing

I hope it's okay that this is just Rose, Mickey, and Ten and a bit of OOCness. Xxx

~~~~

Rose's PoV

As per usual, we landed with a bang, not much more to it. Just a loud crash and the smell of smoke in the air, it gets tiring after a while, but the adrenaline rush makes up for it. 

Pushing my hair out of my mouth I rush over to Mickey who's sprawled all over the floor, "You okay there?" He looks at me, "I'm fine." Helping him up I glance at the Doctor who's staring intensely at one of the screens, "Where are we Doctor?"

"Hm?" He slowly turned towards me, "Well, we were supposed to go to Father Christmas' home for Christmas, but we aren't quite there." He laughs nervously and runs a hand through his hair. 

"Where are we." Mickey looks rather nervous, oh dear, where have we ended up now?

The Doctor nervously smiled and turned the screen towards us. "Well, as you can tell, it's not quite the North Pole."

Mickey and I laughed, "What's wrong with this?" He smiled, "It looks lovely."

A brightly lit room was shown, white walls with paintings and drapes hung around above a carpeted floor. A dollhouse was tucked into a corner, with more dolls scattered around it. As the screen switched angles it showed a small bed which had been stripped of sheets and an easel with a finger-painted canvas upon it.

The Doctor whipped out his glasses and spun the screen towards himself. He fumbled with his screwdriver and adjusted some settings on the screen before spinning it back to us. "Look again."

Mickey moved closer, so I moved in too. Knowing the Doctor I clear my mind, since he wants me to look closer. The instant I clear my mind I recoil, and I see Mickey flinch away as well.

The drapes covering the dirtied gray walls were in front of gaping black holes, the floor had suspicious red stains that I could only think were blood. The dollhouse in the corner contained a perfect replica of the room we were in, including a miniature TARDIS. The dolls strewn around had black or red eyes, and gaping, toothless smiles. Many of the dolls had cracked faces and smashed in cheeks. The bed in the corner was dirtied as well, and the finger-painting showed scenes of blackened and twisted trees.

Blinking I step forward again, but the room is back to being pristine and pretty. "Can we just leave?" Mickey nodded in agreement, but the Doctor slowly shook his head. "Nope, something's draining energy from the TARDIS, until we get rid of whatever it is we can't leave." 

At this he walked over to us and pulled up a blueprint of the house on the screen, "We're here." He pointed at a pulsing blue square on the top floor, "And the energy's source is here." A red dot flashed from the other side of the blueprint. 

Mickey sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "I suppose we better get going." The Doctor pursed his lips and nodded, it was clearly time to go.

~~

I followed the Doctor and Mickey out, slowly shutting the TARDIS door behind me. All three of us moved gingerly, scared to step wrong. The Doctor whipped out his 3D glasses and stared around. "Ricky," Mickey opened his mouth to correct him, but the Doctor motioned his arm behind and pressed the key into his hand, "Ricky get in the TARDIS now."

"Bu-" He tried to step forward ,"Now!" The Doctor's voice was dead serious. Grabbing the key Mickey licked his lips, jangled the keys, and retreated quickly into the TARDIS.

"Doctor what was that?" He's ignoring me now, "Doctor!" He whips around, "I'm sorry, but we can't have him." Looking over the 3D glasses he stared me down. "These rooms might be deadly."

~~~~~

Hello!! I am @thetenthtardis on tumblr, and I am so glad to have participated in this Dr Who Secret Santa.

This is only the first chapter, so I'm sorry it's short, I plan to do it possibly room by room, it's still a little bit up in the air.

My friend tinyboatwithoars helped me with the idea of the room description.

Thank you lots and I hope my recipient phoenixsoul13 enjoys this!

~Archer xox