Chapter 07

Rosie's POV

"I got the job?" It seemed surreal, I've only been in England for less than two days and I had a job opportunity, wow maybe Leanné really did love Matt.

"Of course you did, I wouldn't have said it otherwise" he replied with a smile on his face

"Thankyou!" I squealed not caring who had heard, embracing my cousin into a hug.

"Everyone?" his voice projected across the room towards the crew and models.

"Matt what are you doing?"

"I'd just like to announce, my cousin Rosie, will be our new photographer" surprisingly everyone cheered, including Sandy, however the mysterious airport boy still sat in the same place he was before, not a muscle moved, as he looked up and glanced at me, his head dropping straight back down taking a sip of his drink. My stomach dropped a mile, seemed like he already hated me and we hadn't even met. Why did it bother me so much? We hadn't even met, yet his stare made my legs go numb. This is not normal. I never go for pretty boys.

---

Three hours later we were back home, mentally thanking God for not staying for the whole shoot. The boy left around the same time as us, he said his goodbyes to Matt whilst I was waiting by the large vehicle. I realised, I would have to see him more or less every time at work, shit. As soon as I got home I changed into my pyjamas, hair up and make up off. I snuggled into the sofa with a blanket covering my body, turning on the tv to watch Friends. Matt had gone out with his friends and Aunt Sim was asleep upstairs, so it was just me.

It turned 11.30pm when I realised the time, that time being filled with watching over 15 episodes of Friends, all the Step Ups and half of Fast and Furious 5 whilst eating bucket loads of junk. A loud slam of the door awoke my ears, I heard mumbles, I knew it would be Matt but who could be with him? I immediately froze when two tall figures walked through the wide door. One being Matt, and the other the airport boy.

"Rosie, this is Harry, he's from the model studio"

In all the thinking of where he's from I forgot I didn't even know his name.

"Hi"

One word he spoke sent shivers down me as I was towered by him. His voice deep and raspy, kind of like a morning voice. Dear Lord if this is his normal voice what will his morning voice sound like.

"Hey"

Aunt Sim shouted 'Matt' from her bedroom, calling him to go to her.

"I'll be back in a minute, Harry sit down" he gestured to the sofa whilst making his way out of the room and walking up the stairs.

Great. This is gonna be awkward. Harry sat in the exact same position as the one when he sat on the stool at the studio. His back slightly hunched, sitting on the edge of the sofa, twiddling with his fingers and rubbing his hands, which may I add are huge.

"So Rose, you excited about being the photographer" his voice was mesmerizing, instantly I was hooked. He called me Rose. The first time he said my name and he'd already made a nickname. The fact his name was Harry was upsetting. No-one had called me Rose since my Harry did when we were younger. I sometimes wonder how Harry is and if we'd ever meet again, but I know if we ever did meet again it'd never be the same as our friendship from our childhood.

"Yeah of course, I never thought I'd actually get it, but I'm glad Matt talked me into it" with that reply Matt walked into the room.

"Mum wants me to quickly grab some milk from the supermarket, she says she won't have time in the morning and neither will I, I'll be back soon, you gonna be alright you two?"

Harry replied with a yes first, before I nodded in agreement. With that Matt left. Just when I thought it couldn't get any more awkward I was left in my cousin's lounge with his best friend who's a pretty boy model that I've already fallen for. Anyone wanna throw anything else at me?

"Rose?" Why does he keep calling me Rose? "I'm guessing you're not really a fan of me as a person are you? But can I ask what have I done wrong?"

"Who said I don't like you? I thought you didn't like me"

"I just thought... wait you thought I didn't like you? We hadn't even met"

"That's what I thought" I said laughing. "Your reaction when Matt announced I was the photographer wasn't exactly mirroring everyone else's reaction in the room"

"I was happy, it's just I've always been one to never show much emotion"

---

It turns out Harry is quite a nice lad. We had a lot in common which I always look for in a boy. He reminded me of someone, not necessarily his looks but his personality, just him in general. Our conversation was interrupted by the sounds of footsteps on the opposite side of the lounge door. Matt entered holding a carton of milk in one hand and his keys in the other. In the time that Matt was out and in the mids of mine and Harry's conversation Harry had moved onto the larger sofa where I was sitting and I think Matt got the wrong idea.

"So what's been going on here then ay?" he said with a smirk grin growing bigger and bigger.

"Trust you to have a thought like that Matt" Harry said looking up at him.

Laughs were shared before Matt left the room again to go to the kitchen and Harry and I were left alone again. Excitement filled my bones and I had no idea why.

Harry's POV

A girl clothed in grey pyjamas, her hair tied up with bits of it let loose around the sides of her face, wrapped in a thick blanket sat infront of me as I walked into the lounge. She was flawless. I've never really saw anyone look as beautiful as she did without makeup, even girls that have been with me were never really pretty and their faces were caked in several layers of makeup. I know she's my best friends cousin but I could tell she wasn't a typical girl. She didn't flirt with me or try something with me, which I kinda liked, the fact that she wasn't completely into me is kinda upsetting but maybe it's good just to be friends. She reminded me of someone, the way she is, the way she dealt with everything. Thinking about that brought an aching pain to my chest, what if she was someone who I can't remember after what happened? What if she meant the world to me at one point and now I can't even remember her anymore because of what happened? What if she remembers me?