Chapter 1. When we first met

AU

FF

"Thats right Melissa. I am going on a date !" Ginny excitedly screams across the phone.

"OH MY GOD GINNY, WHO IS HE, WHERE DOES HE LIVE, WHEN DID YOU MEET, IS HE HOT???" shouts her sister.

"Melissa calm down" laughs Ginny

"His name is James, I don't know his exact address, I met him online and he is decent looking" says Ginny

"Aww baby I'm so damn excited for you !! When your date is over, call me, I want ALL the details, Melissa says cheekily. Ginny tuts at her sister.

Ginny was now ready and  waiting for her date to pick her up.

An hour later he still had not shown up. "Umm, hi this is Ginny" she says speaking into his voicemail. "I was just wondering what time you were coming to pick me up? call me when you get this" She couldn't help but sound disappointed. Who could blame her. It was 10:00. By now it had been 3 hours. He had stood her up. ""SCREW YOU ASSHOLE" she shouts to an empty apartment.

Ginny finds her self walking out the door, into her car and at a bar. "Hey serve me up a shot" she says to a bartender. Ginny gets served a plate of shots and takes them all in one go. "Heyyy give me some moreeee" she says drunk. "Hey umm, I really don't think you should be drinking anymore." "And who the hell are you to tell me how much I should and shouldn't drink?" "Listen I'm just trying to hel..." "well when I want your help I willll ask for itt okayyyy??" "Wh...I..." She walks away.

"Hey sleepy head. How ya feeling ?" Says her sister, voice full of concern. "What...what happened last night?? And why is head hurting so much" Ginny you came knocking on my door at. 2:00am and were really drunk. What happened, date not go well ?" "The jackass stood me up" Ginny says feeling sick to her stomach. "Oh honey don't worry. He has no idea what he's missing." Ginny lets out a smile. "Oh and while you were sleeping you got a call from your work place. "Oh noo what time is it !!! I'm gonna be late!" Ginny says flinging the bed sheets of her. "They said you don't have to go in today". Melissa says, laughing at her sister. Ginny sighs and falls back on the bed. "Melissa can I stay at yours tonight?" Ginny says hopefully. "Of course you can" she replies cheerfully. They hug.

Ginny was a doctor. She loves her job, she loves someone new everyday. Sometimes she even kids herself that she might find true love because of her Job.

"Hi" she says to the man in front of her. Are you alright" she always says this to her patients "Well, after a half's hour of waiting and an immense migraine, no. I am not alright." "What the hell? "why is he being so rude"? Ginny thought to herself. This man looked the same age as Ginny. 29. "Well, I'm sorry you had to wait for that long but...." "yeah why exactly did I have to wait half an hour after my booking to come and see you?" "I have other patients Mr..." "Dallas. Josh Dallas." Well Mr Dallas, apart from you I also have other patients I need to attend to. And I'm not the one who confirms the appointments. If you have a problem with that then I suggest you go over to reception and sort it out with them. Ginny says fiercely. "But now that you are here. What can I help you with?" By now Josh was pissed. But so was Ginny. However they could both not ignore the fact the opposite were... REALLY HOTT. "Well, like I just said, I have an immense migraine and I've had it for over a week now." "Okay, I will prescribe you some tablets and you can pick them up and the chemist next door" she says reluctantly smiling. "Thank you" Josh says awkwardly. "Right so take two of these a day and hopefully your migraines will be gone in no time"  "thanks and... I umm, I'm sorry. I get kinda cranky when I'm in pain" Josh says truly. Ginny just stares at him in awe. "Hot and NOT an asshole." She says to herself. "No problem, Mr Dallas." He smiles to himself as he leaves.

"Jennifer you are going shopping with me whether you like it or not!! Come on, there are so many sales and so much I wanna buy and I wanna buy all that amazing stuff with my bestie so PRETTY PLEASEEEEEE!!" Ginny says making her best pouty face. "Fineeee!! Ginnifer Goodwin why can I never say no to you?" "Because you love me too much!!" Jen laughs. "What time do you wanna leave ?" "Umm... 1:00?" "Okay". Jennifer and Ginny were best friends since school. They would do anything for each other.