Part 3 - "Without Saying Goodbye."

BETH'S P.O.V

Lizzie? I mean, was it really Lizzie or was I imagining it?

I was physically stuck to the floor. After nearly 6 years, Lizzie was stood in front of me again, a young boy resting on her hip, the same age as Grace.

Lizzie must have seen me looking at him, because she pulled him closer against her.

"Beth, come on." Nathan sighed, pulling on my hand.

I pulled my hand away and looked at Lizzie, raising my eyes.

"He's Jay's I'm guessing?" I asked stupidly. Of course he was Jay's child, he has the same blue eyes as him.

Lizzie nodded faintly, as the child slipped out of her grip and jumped onto the floor.

I knelt down to his height and smiled slightly.

"Mr. Sykes." Lizzie mumbled awkwardly.

"Erm... Nathan, is fine now." he chuckled slightly, clearly finding it as awkward as me and Lizzie found it.

I smiled at the boy, whose name I still didn't know.

Lizzie sighed quietly and patted the boys hair, messing it up slightly.

"Chris, this is Beth. Do you remember me telling you about her?" Lizzie asked, glancing down at me as I was still knelt at Chris' height.

Chris nodded and grinned.

"You spoke about me?" I asked, actually shocked. I thought she would have tried to forget about me, after just leaving her.

Lizzie nodded slightly. "Course I did. Chris asked me who my friends were in school, so I talked to him about you, Jay and Siva."

"Do you still keep in contact with Jay?" I asked, though I didn't really care.

"Yeah, just for the fact that Chris is his kid, otherwise I wouldn't bother." she sighed.

I nodded slightly and stood up, moving back next to Nathan.

"I'm surprised you two lasted this long actually." Lizzie chuckled slightly.

I didn't know if she was saying that in a good or bad way.

"What does that mean?" I asked, a small frown appearing on my face.

Lizzie shrugged her shoulders, but a small smirk appeared on her face.

"I just thought he'd leave you for someone else when he found out that the child wasn't his. I mean most guys would do that."

Well, she was more of a bitch than I remembered.

"I'm not like that Lizzie, I love Beth and Grace like she's my own." Nathan frowned, turning as annoyed as I was.

Lizzie chuckled and shook her head.

"Okay, why are you being like this?" I sighed heavily, holding Nathan's hand tight in mine.

"Well you left, without saying goodbye and now after 5 years you've just appeared again. You expect me to be happy about it?" Lizzie frowned.

I sighed heavily and looked down.

"I knew that if I would have come to say goodbye you would have stopped me. I wanted to go with Nathan."

Lizzie sighed and picked Chris up before walking off quickly.

"Come on, Beth." Nathan sighed, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

I nodded once, trying not to accept the fact that Lizzie hated me now.

I could see why but still, I was kinda making an effort and she'd thrown it back in my face. In a way, she hadn't changed much since school to be honest.

Still bitchy, still an idiot.

I stayed quiet as Nathan guided me back to the car, trying to avoid any form of conversation.

We soon got to the hotel, and I still remained quiet, placing myself on the bed.

"She'll come around babe, I promise." Nathan sighed, crouching down in front of me.

I nodded and smiled weakly as Nathan kissed my forehead before he walked into the bathroom.

I looked at my phone as it beeped, showing a text from Jay.

'From: Jay

Message: We need to talk. Now.'

Brilliant.

Could things get any worse?