Second Chance.

hey guys! this is my first shot at writing a short love story. be nice, i'm only 13! :) vote and comment, that would mean THE WORLD. lol, just kidding. but seriously though.

                                         -Claudia <3

-------------

GRACE’S POV:

March 10th 2004

Dear Diary,

I was never like any of his supermodel type girlfriends he had over the past years.

I’m not super skinny and super tall. I don’t have the world’s most perfect hair or facial features you would find on the cover of Vogue and US Weekly.

We’ve been friends forever. What makes me think we can be more than that?

He’s the school’s golden boy. I’m just the shy quiet girl who sits in the corner all alone.

He can never be mine, get it?

Why does my heart beat so fast whenever he walks past me? Why do I feel butterflies in my stomach? He will never know how I feel.

He is gorgeous. Athletic, smart, popular.

He is out of this world. But he’s not meant for me.

In 3 months when we graduate, he’ll go to some fancy college and find the girl of his dreams there.

I wish he would look me in the eyes and tell me he felt the same way, but that’s just a dream.

All the girls think he’s superficial, but I know otherwise. He’s good inside and out.

I envy all the girls in his social circle. They charm him, they try their best. But he just isn’t moved.

I would do anything for him, anything.

Why do I always do something embarrassing in front of him? I’ll never be able to impress him.

I can imagine my life with him; we would grow old together and watch our grandchildren in the garden from our front porch.

When will he ever notice me?

                -Grace.

7 YEARS LATER.

GRACE’S POV:

I stood in front of the long, beautifully decorated aisle. Flowers hung from the top while classical music was played by the orchestra. It was Skye’s wedding. His wedding. It had been 7 years since we last saw each other, I was surprised when I found his wedding invitation in my mailbox a couple of mornings ago.

Honestly my feelings for him had never changed, but it was too late to tell him that now. This was the most important day of his life, in fact, I should be happy for him. He has finally found his perfect match, I’m sure the girl he is going to marry is perfect. I’m sure she has long blonde hair, the perfect figure and a thousand dollar smile. I’m happy for him, of course I am.

His whole family was there, I remembered most of his cousins who I had spent a lot of my childhood days playing with. His mother waved at me to come over to her and she greeted me cheerfully.

“Grace darling, how wonderful to see you! It’s been such a long time!”

“It has been forever Mrs. Hamilton. How have you been doing?”