1. A dog-lover and an ass

I was sitting on a bench in Central Park. Watching all the weird people walk by. Nala the big grey Great Dane lying by my feet barked at a passing jogger. "Shh girl, it's ok." I whispered to her while I stroked her back. I looked down on all the dogs I had with me. I was a dog-walker. I walked dogs for money, and I loved it. You see I'm an angry girl. I have a lot of passion, but also a lot of aggression. I didn't work well with people in charge. You could say I have a bit of an attitude. So, walking dogs fit me perfectly.

I took a deep breath and stood up. Nala and the other dogs followed me. Today I had only five dogs with me. All of them belonged to different rich people from the Upper East Side of New York. Expect for Nala. Nala was my neighbour's dog. Her, I walked for free.

Smiling down at Nala I didn't see the approaching dog. Usually when I saw a dog coming towards us I would hold extra hard on the leashes.

Suddenly I jerked forward. I was being dragged by the dogs, while trying to fight it with my feet still on the ground.

"SHMOCK"!

Stilling holding on to the leashes. I stood up from the ground. Brushed dust of my leather jacket and wiped my blond locks out of my face. Angry like a hungry girl on her PMS, I looked up, and up and up! "Damn this dud was tall" I fumed. Finally I reached his eyes, when he spoke: "Seriously Blondie, you should not walk five bloody dogs if you can't fucking control them".

I felt my inner "sass-queen" explode. "Look at all the trouble you caused! If your dog is not trained you need a fucking leash on it you bastard! Don't come here in your fancy suit and tell me how to fucking walk dogs! I AM A DOG WALKER, I think I know more about walking dogs then you do! What if your dog ran out in traffic? What if it jumped on kids? Grow a fucking brain" Blowing out the rest of the air in my lungs I sent him one last dirty look. He returned it with a stunned face. Letting out a whistle all the dogs followed me when I started to walk away from him.

The rest of the day was uneventful. I walked all of the dogs home, made myself some food and slumped down on the coach while watching Sons of Anarchy.

The show reminded me of my past. My dad was a motorcycle-club leader down in Charlotte, North Carolina. I grew up in a biker environment. It was tough, unstable and it exposed you to a lot of bad shit kids shouldn't see. My dad died for the club when I was 18. By then I had moved away with my mom. She used to be his "old lady", but she got sick of the drinking and the violence. So she moved away with me when I was 14. My brother was then 18 and chose to stay with our dad and the club.

When my dad died I inherited a lot of his dirty money and also his beloved Harley. My brother inherited the club and was now the leader of it.

My mum retired to Tampa, Florida. She was a hippie at heart and the complete opposite of me. She was calm and I was explosive.

I spent some of the money I had on an OK-apartment in Brooklyn and I switched the Harley for a Kawasaki, I liked speed more then noise. I rode the bike as often as I could. I loved feeling the wind on my body.

When I weren't walking dogs, photography was my big passion. I was quite good at it, but it was just a hobby.

Sitting on the coach my mind went back to the incident at the park. "Maybe I shouldn't have exploded?" The more I thought about it the more I agreed with myself that it was indeed his fault. He didn't have his dog on a leash in fucking Central Park.

Letting go of the thought I went into the bathroom to prepare myself for bedtime.

It was little over a week later. I had just returned all the dogs to their respectable owners, except for Nala. Her "parents" had a weekend trip to the Hamptons and I promised to watch her for them.

I was strolling around in CP when suddenly a cute golden Lab ran up to us. Nala just ignored it. I started scratching it behind its ears. "Who's a good boy? Where's you owner? Oh yes, you are so cute! I love you! Yes! Yes I do!" Suddenly a dark voice said: "Do you love me too?" I turned and there he was. The guy I yelled at.

I just looked at him and said in the most bored tone I could manage:

"Still haven't learned to put a leash on your dog I see". Looking into his amused eyes I noticed how light blue they were. He smirked at me.

"Seriously your dog can get injured".

"I know, but I work so much, that every time I have time to walk him I feel bad, and I let him run around without a leash".

"If you don't have time for a dog, don't get a dog". My inner bitch was on her way out.

His smirk widened. "Luckily I can do what I want" He held up his hands in defense before he continued: "...and before you get all angry and bitchy at me, I have a personal assistant that takes care of him when I am at work".

"Oh, so you one of those?"

"One of what?"

"One of those who work all day and never really get to enjoy their life."

I saw him gritting his teeth. I don't know why, but I wanted to win over him and seeing him get irritated pleased me. "Anyway, bye!"

I winked at him, turned and walked away felling victorious.

About an hour later my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hi, this is Mike Maxter. I found your number online and wondered if you could start walking my dog?"

"Ehm, sure. Where do you live and can you afford the fee?" "Yeah I can, I can text you the address later ok?"

"Yeah, sure. What kind of dog do you have, and is it trained?" "I have a male Labrador. He is young so he is not as well behaved as I want him to be."

"Oh ok, when do you want me to start?"

"Tomorrow? Around noon?"

"Sure, see you then!"

I hung up. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it.

The next day I walked to the texted address. "Wow, pricy neighbourhood" I thought to myself. I didn't bring any other dogs with me. I wanted to get to know the dog before I introduced him to the others.

I rang the doorbell. The door opened and gold Lab jumped on me, pushing me over so I fell on my ass. As it started to lick my face, I looked up into some amused, light blue eyes. "YOU!?"

This is my first story to Wattpad, please be nice. All constructive criticism is welcomed.

Also english is not my first language, so if something is written in a weird way, please let me know!

Thank you for reading it!

-Happy Norway