Picture Perfect // jily au

Picture Perfect

Lily exited Harry's room and sighed. It had been three months since Harry was brought into this world and she still wasn't used to waking up at three in the morning due to the sound of crying. Lily never understood how James slept through the crying. She was pretty sure you could blow the house up and James would sleep right through it.

She walked into the living room, knowing she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, and made her way over to the bookshelf. She looked through all the books till one on the very bottom of the shelf caught her eye. She took it off the shelf and looked at the cover. It had three pictures on it: one of her and her friends at a quidditch game, another one of James, Sirius and Remus at Hogsmeade, and the last one was of Lily and James on their wedding day. On the bottom of the scrapbook cover it read Picture Perfect memories.

Lily smiled as she sat down on the couch and stared at the cover. She opened up the scrapbook and looked through the photos. She saw a photo of her and her mom at King Cross station for the time. Her smile widened as she remembered that day.

"Be good Lily! Be sure to focus on your classwork! Oh and be careful, you're new to magic and we don't want you getting hurt!" her mom said before giving her a bear hug.

"Mom, your crushing me!" Lily gasped when her mother let go slightly out of breath form how tight her mother had been hugging her.

"Oh, I'm sorry dear! I'm just going to miss you so much! Promise to write my everyday sweetheart, okay?" she asked tears forming in her eyes.

"I promise mom. I love you!" Lily before giving her mom and dad a kiss. Then she through barrier that would lead her to platform 9 3/4.

Lily smiled at the picture as a few tears fell from the memory of her parents. She wished she could see them again but she knew she couldn't. She looked through some more pictures and one caught her eye. The picture was of her and her three best friends, Alice, Vivian, and Cassidy, in their third. Lily was holding her wand as if it were a microphone while Alice was holding a pair of drum sticks while Cassidy and Vivian were holding guitars. Vivian's was a bass guitar. Lily remembered they took that picture the day the formed a band. They had called it Tickling Hippogriffs. She laughed at the memories of that day.

"So now that we know what instruments each of us are playing, what should we name our band?" Cassidy asked looking over at the other girls.

Lily shrugged, "I don't know, got any ideas?" she said looking over at Alice and Vivian.

"How about Vivian is awesome?" The rest of the group rolled their eyes. "What? It's true!"

"We are NOT naming the band Vivian is awesome. How about Tickling Dragons or Epic Hippogriffs?" Alice suggested. They whole group seemed the burst out into a fit of giggles.

"That's it!" Lily said with a goofy grin on her face.

"What? We are not seriously going to call ourselves Tickling Dragons, are we?" Vivian said giving Lily a confused look.

"No! We should be called Tickling Hippogriffs!" she smiled and looked at the rest of the band of approval.

"Tickling Hippogriffs? That sounds awesome!" Cassidy said with the same goofy grin as Lily.

Alice laughed, "That name is epic! I would definitely listen to a band called Tickling Hippogriffs!" Everyone turned to look at Vivian.

"I still think we should be called Vivian is awesome." Alice threw a near by pillow at Vivian which had caused them to erupt into a huge pillow fight.

Lily now a had a huge grin on her face as looked through more pictures. Another seemed to make grin on her face grow larger. It was a picture of the day James proposed. She remembered that day like it was just yesterday they had been on a date to a muggle restaurant and James had told her he had a surprise for her at his house.

"James! Why do I have to wear this blindfold? Can't I just take off already?"" Lily whined as James guided her to god-knows-where.

James laughed, "In a minute! You have to be patient love or you'll ruining your surprise!"

Lily groaned. She wasn't a very patient person nor did she like surprises. She didn't hate them but her curiosity would always get the best of her and every second that blindfold was on her, her curiosity became larger and larger.

When they finally came to a stop Lily held out her hands trying tap James. "Can I take off this blindfold now?" she didn't get an answer. Curiosity getting the best she reached for the blindfold and easily took it off only to see more darkness.

"Hello? Anyone there? James? This isn't funny!" Lily said taking out her wand.

"Lumos," she whispered and the room brightened. She saw various people sitting on a couch casually. Sirius, Remus, Peter, Alice, Cassidy, Vivian, and Frank Longbottom all stared at her with smiles on their faces. She dropped her wand as she noticed the actual lights had turned on. She turned around to see James. He smiled at her and grabbed her hand as he got down on one knee. Lily gasped as everything came into realization; he was proposing to her.

James got out ring and held it out showing at to Lily, tears started to form in her eyes. "Lily Evans," he started " Would you do me the honors of becoming Mrs. Potter?"

Lily was speechless as she stared at James. "I-I...yes!" she managed to say before kissing James. When they pulled apart they both had huge smiles on their faces as James put the ring on Lily's finger.

Lily had the biggest smiling on her face as she closed the book and put on the side table instead of the bookshelf. She loved all those memories but also knew she had her whole life ahead of her. A life with Harry, James and who knows? Maybe she'll have another child. Lily yawned and with that thought on her mind she went into her room and climbed into bed. She soon fell fast asleep.