prologυe

I walked silently behind my parents towards the Zoldyck estate. I looked straight at my parent's back with a straight face.

The (l/n) family was a worldwide known assassin family, yet they chose to be secluded from world affairs and focus on training their generations.

However, the (l/n)s have decided to ally themselves with the Zoldyck family, and have been accepted through mutual agreement and exchanges.

Currently, we are in the Zoldyck's area and are heading towards the mansion for our annual meeting. At this time period, I am still a 10 year old child.

When we arrived, we were greeted by butlers and maids, all of them were trained professionals of course.

One of them lead us to the meeting room, in there I see the Zoldyck family has already gathered there. A young boy captured my attention.

He has white hair and azure eyes. Although, he seems uninterested in interacting with others. My eyes drifted to the object in his hand. A chocolate bar.

"(y/n), it won't be necessary for you to stay here so go play somewhere else or with that child there" my mother spoke to me in an indifferent voice.

"Yes mother."

My attention then shifted towards the boy I saw earlier. I walked towards him and greeted him, "Hello, I am (y/n) of the (l/n) family. It is a pleasure to meet you" I bowed.

He then finally realized I was here and looked to me, "Killua, nice to meet you" he briefly introduced himself.

I was quite shocked by his informal introduction and my body tensed.

"..Mother wishes for me to play with you, is that alright?"

My tone was unsure, I had never played with another child since I was young.

"What? Of course, here, lets go outside" He said as he grabbed my hand and lead me outside.

"..Is going outside allowed? We should notify out parents first. We shouldn't make them worry" I hastily said.

"Ha? Who cares, they're assassins they can find us anyway" Killua said, not even looking back.

".. Mother's order was to play with you but not go outside.."

Killua stopped and looked at me, I was surprised by his sudden action "Order? You shouldn't obey whatever you mother say to you, it's like you have no freedom."

Freedom?
I had no concept of freedom.

"..." Killua was silent, he was observing my confused behaviour.

".. You.." he stammers "Listen! You're not a puppet, you have free will. So tell me right now, what do you want to do?"

I.. want to get to know you better..

"Then..should we play?"

"Sure!"

I smiled, for the first time in my life.

Killua...one day if we are seperated by fate..and meet again somewhere. I promise while you were gone,I will try to be free. Like you..