Chapter 1---Sept 3rd 1980 (Egypt)

My Parents wanted me to start a journal.
Personally, I think its stupid.
I don't want to write, I hate writing, its boring.
I'm twelve years old and I want to play and explore, not write but dad said, (in a very stern voice) "Daniel, if you don't at least write a page or two a day, you will not be able to go outside and play, you'll have to stay on your bed till dinner time."

So here goes nothing: Today was suppose to be the first day of school for me but because we're out in a crummy old Sahara desert I have to write in a journal, instead of doing math, science, social studies and word building, well I still get that too but not as much as I would in school.

Today I got to go inside a pyramid, it was damp, cold, dark and creepy.
I think mom was a little worried that I'd wonder off or something, because she tied a rope to herself, than tied it to me, dad just chuckled and shook is head, I think we looked silly to him, me trying to keep up to mom's pace and mom kept trying to keep up with dad's pace and we both made eachother stumble. Thankfully once we got to the spot dad wanted to dig, she untied the rope, with full instructions not to go beyond the areas she marked out, in short she should have just drawn a circle around me and said "stay put" in retrospect it would have saved her time to just draw that circle in the sand  instead of trying to find objects to place around me.

We were in that pyramid for sometime, till mom realized she forgot our lunch. "James, I forgot the lunch bags, I'm afraid we're going to have to head back a little sooner than you hoped." Mom warned.
I was glad to leave, I was board out of my mind.
"That's okay Shannon, why don't we head back now and head over to the village to eat out." My dad suggested. That's just what we did, we went back to camp, washed up and got into the jeep, headed to the village.
The village was called the Nile Village, because it went along the Nile river, its so cool to be here, to look out over the Nile, the same Nile river that Moses was in when he was a babe.
I remember the stories my parents told me, Moses floating on the Nile in a little basket, because the Pharaoh wanted to kill all the baby boy Jews, because one day that child will grow up and rebel against Pharaoh, she also told me about Jesus, she told me all the bible stories and being here makes me feel like we're there, in that time but only when I look out across the Nile river, because this side of the Nile looks new, on the other side, everything's still old, the Pharaoh's castle still stands, sort of, its kind of run down looking, like nobody lived there for years, upon years.
Dad said, there was a Pharaoh, that wasn't very known, named King Selah, he had only one wife, a few kids and also unlike most kings in those days that had a bunch of wives, kids and they also believed in some god that doesn't even exist but not Selah, he believed in the Living Savior, the Alpha, and the Omega, the King of Kings, the Jehovah, Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of God.
I wonder, if my parent's would let me explore the castle tomorrow, their probably going to say "no", at least I know mom will, because she wouldn't want me to go alone and the only one I have to take with me, is my friend Hunter, he's an oversized calico wolf, the best thing he can do is bite people that would try and hurt me, he might even kill them but that would cause a whole different problem.

Mom and dad are discussing if they should leave me here with my aunt Emma and step uncle Jason, that I never met in my life, at least I don't think I did but maybe it'll be fun, maybe they have kids my age, that I could hang out with and they could show me around...