The Animal in Me

your parents choose your name

they form your features

and shape your identity

they always protect you

from the monsters in this world

and cover your eyes when everything goes to shit

if only my parents had done that for me. I'm Tara of age 15 but i'm not Tara at the moment in everyone elses eyes i'm the ravenous, sleek, sly uncontrollable beast known only as a monster. It's not my fault that i don't get the chance to explain to them that it's still tara looking at you through those piercing, acute eyes. I'm just sheilded under an array of claws the equivalent to a hunters sharpened and blood stained carving knife and about the weight of cars worth of finely toned death bringing muscle.

I am a werewolf. What an overdone topic already! The recent release of about a million books showcasing my kind to the world. Not to say they got much wrong, we are incredibly gorgeous and bad to the bone but i hate that they think they "get us". dumb meat bags.

against my parents will i now attend Skyler state high school where i haven't morphed or as i like to put it stayed clean for 96 days straight meaning i haven't indulged into my wolf form and have stayed human. Aswell as maintaining 2 healthy friendships who are oblivious to my other side (and it needs to stay that way) whos names are Cate and Ella they totally took me in when i started school here and are the cement that keeps the bricks which make up me together.

oh crap how could i forget to mention, i'm being hunted down like a dog by the infamous blood thirsty gang known as the puppy police. No i'm joking there actually called the hyla and they keep the shit us werewolves seem to bring with us in line.

it's no surprise they think i'm going to explode any minute and rip up my whole class.

i told you everyone forgets that it's still Tara under the animal inside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

please i'd kill for a comment

wanna know what you think