Chapter Eighteen.

Lillian was doing her homework in the kitchen when Zane started fussing and crying. She huffed, sitting her pencil down, and got up, going into the living room and grabbing Zane from the play pen. She bounced him against her hip, "Zane, mommy has to do homework and it's a lot. Please stop crying.", she said.

She was getting a headache and doing homework and Zane crying was frustrating her. She walked into the kitchen and sat Zane on one of her thigh as she bounced him on it, going back to her homework.

It wasn't long though before he reached out for her bottle of water and it slipped from his small hands, going all over her French homework.

"Zane!", she cried. She wrapped one around his waist and the other picked her homework that wasn't ruined away before the water could get it. Tears went down Zane's face as he started crying and she brought her hand up to her forehead, groaning. She hurried over to where the paper towels went and took the roll over to the table, cleaning up the mess.

Ryan walked through the doors just in time though and she rushed over to him, "Take him.", she ordered, her voice was hard. She didn't want to be mad at Zane, but with so much homework, it was getting to her.

He took Zane, confused, "What's the matter?", he asked as he followed her back into the kitchen.

"He's been crying every time I don't give him attention and I couldn't get my work done, so I placed him on my lap and he spilled water all over my French homework.", she said, placing papers towels over the drench paper, not wanting to risk picking it up.

"Where's my mom and dad?", he asked, sitting down on the chair.

"I don't know.", she said, shrugging her shoulders as he tired to get back to her math homework. "Shopping, I don't know, they went out.".

"Okay.", he said. "I see your to busy right now.", he said as he got up from the chair and went into the living room.

What is that suppose to mean?, she asked herself, but deciding she was to busy with homework to ask.

After almost an hour, she finished her school work and it was time for bed already. She went into the living room and picked Zane up so she could give him a bath.

"Maybe you should be a little easier, Zane's only a baby.", Ryan said, making her pause as she reached the stairs.

"I didn't yell at him or anything.", she said.

He walked over to her and took Zane, "Maybe I should give him the bath, you look a little stress.".

"No, I'll do it.", she said stubbornly. "You don't do it correctly anyways.".

"I think I know how to give my own son a bath.", he said, trying to lighten the mood by chuckling, but for some reason, it just pissed her off more trying to make joke.

"No you don't.", she said, a little to hard and his smile dropped. "He likes it when I give him a bath, so I'll just do it.".

Ryan scuffed, "Lil, I know your stressed, but come on.".

"I'm fine.", she said, taking Zane back and he grabbed for her hair, which she forgot he likes to pull on sometime and he took a rough tug. "Ow, Zane!".

"Okay, give me him.", Ryan said, taking Zane back again and he went upstairs without another word.

Lillian brought her hand up to her forehead and ran her fingers across her hair, "Calm down, Lillian, it's not such a big deal.", she reminded herself as she walked over to the couch and laid down on it on her stomach. She felt ready for bed.