Cindy

"Althea, I'm-" he was about to kneel infront of our mom but I slapped him.

"Go away! We don't need you anymore. How dare you cheated on your—our mom!" I was in fury.

"Cindy, stop it" my mom was crying, al'right.

"No, mom! I can't take it. He's so thick-skinned." then I faced my 'Dad'.

"I—we, don't want to see you ever again. Please leave, before I do something dangerous here." I glared at him.

He looked like he's in pain. Well, serves him right then. He just lost a wonderful family.

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏•

That incident was 4 years ago. My Dad had a mistress which he kept it from us for almost a year before I found out—well, I saw them making out in a bar.

My friend, Jake recognized my dad and sent me a photo of them together. As soon as I got the message, I rushed to the said bar and was dumbfounded when they were already making out.

Jake saw me and hugged me. He was bringing me out of the bar but I pulled away. I rushed to the both of them and slapped my Dad. I made a commotion and we were kicked out. My Dad can't even look at me.

"I want to go home, Jake"

I didn't know I was crying. My breathing starts getting heavier. Maybe because of asthma.

"Okay"

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏

I'm 18 years old now.

Currently studying in a well-known university and fully scholared. After Dad left us, my mom worked full-time for our needs. I studied hard to get a scholarship so that my education fees wouldn't be another burden to her.

My mom knew that I work part-time in a diner from 5 to 10 at night. It is convenient for me since my classes ends not later than 3 in the afternoon.

I told her that I want to be responsible and don't want to depend a lot from her anymore.

I have 2 younger siblings and they're boys. Oli is 15 and Ivan is 14. Oli is doing well in his studies but as for Ivan, not quite.

He often skips his classes. At such a young age, he knows how to be a rebel. He even goes home late and he's always being scolded by Mom. He 'almost' got expelled but I begged the school admin to make him stay.

Sad thing is, I never heard him said thanks.

But, it's okay. I have faith, that one day, he will change.

Every night, I prayed for my family. For their safety, their happiness and health. I want them to be happy again.

Everytime I prayed, I can't help but to cry. My family is my weakness. I can be brave and face the world, but when it comes to them, my heart softens and become selfless. They are always in my prayers.

I'm sad if I can't be enough for them. That explains why I worked so hard. My mom told me to rest but I refused. After Dad left us, I became the second parent in the house and also supporting them financially.

•﹏•﹋﹋﹋•﹏

"Cindy, you know you can have a day off right? It's Sunday."

"I need money for my mom's medicines"

"But-," I gave Jake an I-can-do-this-all-by-myself look. He sighed.

"Fine. I still can, you know...help you with the payments okay?"