Vampire Academy: New Generation

One

             Being the daughter of  internationally known Moroi (or good vampires) Guardians is hard to live up to. The amazing, Strigoi (or bad vampires) battling Belikov bunch. My parents Dimitri Belikov and Rose Hathaway are the best at what they do: killing the Strigoi and saving Moroi. And my mother's undying saying that she always gives me, "Kill one Strigoi, save a million Moroi," sticks with me til this very day.

              Being the daughter of Rose Hathaway alone is pretty intense. Everyone i know, expects me to follow in their footsteps. But it's not that easy. Dad's known as the most fierce Strigoi hunter, alongside my mother.  My mom's a legend: considering she found the murderer of Queen Tatianna Ivashkov, the previous vampire queen. Both of my parents are the guardian's of Vasilisa Dragomir, the Vampire queen and mother of my bestfriend Valerie. I find it kind of funny how our mother's were bestfriends and still are.     

                 there are three kinds of vampires in my world. Moroi(good vamps),  Strigoi(evil vamps), and Dhampirs (guardians of good vamps). I'm  Dhampir by blood. Both of my parents are dhampir. So i really had no choice for this lifestyle. i was born with a duty: protect my the Dragomir princess; her life is more important than my own. But, who knew we'd actually become bestfriends. i guess that was a bonus.

                     "Jade, come on." Valerie yanked me out of my comfortable bed. "We can't be late!!!"

                         "Val, only you would be excited. It's only the first day of Junior year. Big whoop." i groaned, crawling back under the tangle of covers.

                "Jade, if yu don't get out of that bed right now-"

                "Fiiiiine!" i huffed.

           I sat up, shaking off the grogginess of sleep and running my fingers threw my dark brown, waist-length hair and looked at my clock.

           "Oh, DAMN!" i shot up and flinted to the dorm bathroom.

            No, we're not in college. It's a vamp prep school. Moroi and dhampirs go here together to practice protective training and mastering there magic. Val is a second generation spirit user. her mother, the queen, is one as well. spirit users are very rare so only a select few know of her abilities.

            In a matter of ten minutes, i'd showered, brushed my teeth, ran a brush through my hair and jumped into some skinny jeans, a black long sleeved tee, and my red converse sneakers. Val took one look at me in amazement.

                 "Nice timing." she smiled.

                i rolled my eyes and grabbed my rubber stake off my dresser. 

                   "I have a feeling my schedule is gonna have Stan Alto on it somewhere." I said as we headed across the quad to the gym.

                     "Yeah, well, let's just hope this year, you won't have to see Headmistress Kirova for like the millionth time." she giggled.

                 "Now, Val, I wouldn't be Jade Hathaway if I didn't have my weekly visits with Kirova."I  joked.

              We both laughed in unison.

           "Hey Val and Jade! Wait up." someone called across the quad.

           A pixie girl with shoulder length pale blond ringlets sprinted across the Moroi dorm quad towards us. Lennox Rinaldi. She was one of our really good friends. She was sweet, but had a dark side. She unleashed it last year at Parker Zeklos and the kid hasn't been same since.