Art and Skittles

Today is the day. October 31. Halloween. Franks birthday. I texted him and he was still asleep. Thank god though. It's only 11 am. I grabbed his presents and walked next door to his house. His mom didn't like me all that much so I went in through the window.

" Happy Birthday sleepy head. "

Frank rolled off of his bed and crawled over to the window. I grabbed my secret stash of skittles from my pocket and held it in my hand. Once he saw the skittles he hurried up and opened the window.

" My mom said you can't come over. She knows your coming from the window. But it's my birthday and she can suck it up. "

I set his presents down and his dad opened the bedroom door. His dad loves me and thinks I'm a great influence. I don't know how.

" Hi Gerard. I have some news both of you will like. Momma Iero is gone. She said she can't take a stupid homo-loving guy. So she left. "

Frank sat there in amazement and so did I. The main reason I wasn't allowed there was because I'm gay. Franks mom thought that I would sneak in here in the middle of the night and make Frank gay. I have snuck in at night but only to talk.

" Moms gone. I mean that's good. But on my birthday. I can't believe her. I need to talk to her. "

Frank left the room and his dad and I just sat there. After about 5 minutes his dad spoke up.

" Y'know. I can tell that you like him more than you show. Your the only person I would be happy with if you two were a thing. I'm going to let him have a party tonight. I'll leave and everything. Take care of him while I'm gone. "

I'm bring trusted. To watch over another person. Woah. Wait. And he knows that I like. No. I cant. Franks my friend. That I love like a brother. I don't like him in the other way. Nope. I can't that would ruin him. He has a girlfriend. He's straight. He won't like me.

" O-okay. Thanks. "

Frank came back upstairs and sat on his bed. I'm sure that by now I'm blushing. He made me sit close to him and he started crying.

" She. Told me never to talk to her again. She said I'm a disgrace and that she can't believe I would break up with Hailey. She said she set us up together because she knew it would last and she would make money. I can't help it that I like guys. The only reason I was with Hailey is because the person I like won't ever like me back. Gawd. I'm sorry. "

I hugged him and his dad winked at me. He slowly left and closed the door. I don't know how to properly comfort someone but I know the basics I guess. I let go of Frank and wiped the tears away from his eyes. He looks so innocent and adorable. Shut up. I can't like him.

" It'll be okay. I know how you feel. The person I have an insanely huge crush on. Doesn't even know and it hurts to live like this. But. Your dad said you can have a party tonight. I'll have Mikey and Ray and all of our friends come. It'll be fun. "

Frank whispered a thanks and laid down. I left his room and went downstairs. I haven't been outside of his room in forever. I went to the kitchen and saw a note on the table.

' Went to get snacks and drinks for the party. I'll be back in a bit.

Xoxo Dad'

Frank stumbled down the stairs and I ran over and helped him down the rest of the way. He had a bottled of vodka in his hand and he kept drinking more and more. I took it away and he tried reaching for it.

" Gerard. I looooooove you. I mean it too."

I know it's because he's drunk off his ass. So I just smiled and put the bottle on top of the fridge where he couldn't reach it. Franks dad walked in just as I got Frank to lay on the couch.