Garage

Intro: Anna Tarke

I woke up to the sound of my Mother's arms shaking me. I groaned slightly, my Mother's soft voice echoing through my ears. "Wake up, Darling." She said, using the pet name she commonly addressed me by. I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the bright light shining through the curtains. I yawned loudly, rubbing my eyes. 

As I placed my feet on the ground, I heard a loud crash come from the room beside me and the sound of my brother, Joel, cursing. I chuckled slightly, throwing an Iron Maiden T-shirt on and throwing on a pair of skinny jeans. I put on my blue converse and brushed my hair quickly. I applied a light layer of foundation and threw my rucksack on my back, leaving one loop dangling.

I walked through the kitchen, and slumped myself down on the sofa next to Joel, grabbing a bagel on my way. I grabbed the TV remote from Joel's grip, causing him to whine and exclaim, "Anna, give it back!" 

I threw it to the other side of the room as I watched in amusement at the site of Joel trying to reach it without getting off the couch. I laughed slightly at my brothers laziness. Before I threw it, I managed to change the channel to the news. A man was presenting and there was a picture of a teenager in the corner, who was described as "6"1, dark brown hair, 18 years old, may be dangerous".

The news went on talking about how he was a convicted murder and is on the loose, if anyone saw anything suspicous that they should call the police immediately. I zoned out until I heard the sound of my town being presented. I was intrigued but the news story ended just after they mentioned the name of my town. I shook it off and waited for Joel to get ready. I was 17 and Joel was one year older yet I still have to drive him to school. He never really got the whole concept of the gear stick. He's failed his drivers test at least five times. 

-x-X-x-

Upon arriving at school, Joel jumped out and greeted his friends. I envied him sometimes. Joel was quite popular at our school, which kind of explains why he doesn't have good enough grades to get into college next year. You see, I have no friends, well, there's this one weird kid Chuck who always tries to befriend me but that usually ends up him asking me on a date, me politely declining and him having a huge tantrum and badmouthing me to his friends, anyway, not the point, the point is that because I have no one to distract me, I can quietly get on with what I'm learning. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have a few friends, but I just don't think I really have the time for them. Plus, I'm not exactly hated at school; I'm more like ignored. No one really notices me, which is a good thing I guess. 

-x-X-x-

??? P.O.V:

I cursed as I collapsed down in a garage that looked more like a storage shed. I looked around, observing all of the boxes that were scattered. I decided to look through them, maybe there was a spare packet of crisps or some shit. It was only then that I realised how hungry I actually was. I could practically hear my stomach begging for food. I sighed; to no avail, there was no specks of food lying around anywhere.

I looked down at my wrists where the handcuffs had been. There was a red imprint of where they dug into my skin. I started twirling around the bracelet that my Dad gave me for my 13th birthday. It sounds so girly, I know. It had my name embroided into the fabric. I sighed once again, the memories flooding back to me. I placed my hands back at my side. There was a duvet stuffed into a box and a few pillows. I wiped the dust and cobwebs off and made myself a small bed. It may not have the best food, but it's the best bed I've had so far. Especially compared to those prison cells.

 A/N: Hey guys. So, I've had this idea for a while but I didn't really know where to put it up, and I found out about this site so here it is :') This is probably going to be the shortest chapter of the story because it's the intro, so, hope you enjoyed, and feedback would be great :3 Bye lovelies.