Long Live The Kids

[[Alex's POV]]

I've been at the side of the stage staring at this chick for over an hour now. I mean, I've never really looked at a female for more than 10 seconds without thinking about banging them, but there's a first for everything. 

Love at first sight is a dumb idea, but this girl is pretty cute! I might even consider speaking to her after her band finishes playing. Or I could at least tell her that it was a great performance. Unfortunately, at this moment in time I'm stuck with my usual lovable asshole of a friend - Jack Barakat. I honestly love this guy to death - if I'm being honest, he's pretty much my brother. Hopefully Jack won't realize that I'm staring at this chick though, he'll more than likely get the entirely wrong idea and tease me about it for weeks! Best friends can really stab you in the front sometimes. Then again, how do I know he's not secretly eyeing up the same girl whenever I look away? I wouldn't want this to turn into some sort of competition. Thankfully, I won't face the same problem with Zack&Rian - they're too busy lounging around on Guitar Hero back in the tourbus. 

"Excuse me!"

I must've started daydreaming, because I came back to my senses to find the girl that was performing standing in front of me, swaying side to side impatiently.

"You're blocking the exit!"

She half-smiled at me and gave a short giggle before trying to quickly edge past me. Her voice sounded sort of high pitched, with a slight New York accent to it. And when she spoke, she seemed to have some sort of playful tone that was about as clear as my intentions to scream at Jack who was now lurking beside me, smirking like he instantly knew every secret I've ever had. 

I thought this was probably the best moment to quickly congratulate her on a good performance, despite the fact she seemed to be in some sort of rush. Maybe she'll appreciate it?

"Hey,that was a pretty awesome show!"

I managed to get my words out with only a slight awkward stutter, which wasn't bad considering it could have been so much worse.

"Thanks! But I really need to get back to the tourbus, mind if I get past?"

Oh yeah. I was still blocking the exit! Stupid me, always finding a way to make things even more awkward. But that's just my personality. A good amount of awkward with a slight habit of making situations worse for myself. Hopefully I didn't creep her out though, like I've done to others in the past. It's a horrible habit - I always seem to either say something uncomfortable, or do something weird resulting in any females around me to quickly shuffle away.

[[end of the day]]

Well, now that Warped Tour is over for today, I guess I should head back to the tourbus soon. However, it would probably be a better idea to hide in the dressing room for a while - I'm pretty sure there are fans sneaking around outside that would love to ambush me and Jack as soon as we're in plain sight. Hopefully they won't try to steal the tourbus or something - Zack&Rian are still inside! They more than likely wouldn't be too happy about that.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey guys! So this is a new Taylex fanfic I'm hoping to continue! If you liked it, please feel free to leave a comment or share the fanfic with anyone that might like it. If this gets a good enough rating - I'll keep it going!:) 

(I'm hoping to create an actual conversation between Alex and Tay in the next chapter)