(Chapter 2) ~ The Spirit Vision

            The smile is here, in my dream once again. It seems sinister. The words that trickle out make me feel loved and lusted after. I know that this smile is my mates, but I don’t know how I know or what he is. Is he a goose, a bat, or a bunny like me? I don’t know.

            “Joseph. I need you. Please find me. Please. I know you can find me. I feel you near. Please find me.”

            “How? I don’t know who you are.”

            “My Master will not let me out. Please find me. I want to make love to you. I want to be inside you. Come and find me and I will give you what you yearn for. Come look for me. I am close, closer than you think.”

            “What is your Master’s name? I may be able to find him if you tell me.”I could feel the dream fading, slipping away.

            “Raymond.” He whispers. “Raymond Andrews.” I know that name…but from where?

            “Joseph. Joseph.” Maria is standing over me. I am lying in a bed and she is sitting with me, her mate by her side. Her mate is Kris’ brother. “Are you alright?”

            “Yes. Where is Raymond Andrews?”

            “He is has been taken to the hospital. Kris has attacked him and is now missing his ear.”

            “I need to speak to Kris. Please.”

            She looked at me intently and started into my eyes. “Okay. I shall call him.” She stood up and grabbed her mate’s hand and left the room. I could suddenly tell that this room is the infirmary for Hybrids. The bed is comfortable, but I need to speak to Kris.

            “Joseph.” I turned to see Kris standing at the foot of the bed. “You wanted to see me?” His white fur is matted with drying blood. His mouth is covered with it.

            “Yes. We need to check Raymond’s Hybrids. I know my mate is there.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes.” He looked at me for a second and spoke.

            “Okay. I’ll look for him. Go and have fun with your friends in the yard.”

            “Thank you, Kris!” I stood up and went to him. I kissed his cheek. “Thank you mommy!” I giggled and ran out to play.