The Circle of Fifths

• Dedicated to My Dad, Darren Bowyer

Prologue

"...As for my residences, the apartments and houses, I hereby grant to my five living heirs and their families and my business I hand over to my eldest child, my daughter, Meaghan. The following items are to be delivered to my residence in Dainty Lane from each of my homes that I have given to my heirs: my grandfather clock; in the home I give to my eldest daughter, Meaghan, along with my music business. (43A, Ritz Carlton, 15 PLACE VENDÔME, Paris, France), my violin; in the house I give my only son, Charles. (75 sekket, Khan El Khalili, Cairo, Egypt), my great, great Aunt's diamond pendent; on display in the house I give to my youngest daughter, Laura. (pentouse suite, The Wardolf Astoria, 301 Park Avenue, Manhatten, New York, NY, U.S.A), the indian wardrobe; in the house I give to my nephew, Matthew and his new bride, Catherine. (109, Albert Wharf, Stratford, London, England) and my grandmother's wall mirror; in the house I now give my grandaughter, Elizabeth. (42, Place du Casino, Monte-Carlo, Monaco, S. France).

With these items in Exeter, I will give my remaining home in Dainty Lane, which I cherished when alive, to anyone, free of charge, who is willing enough to solve my mystery, which I have just lain out before you in my own will: the mystery of the Circle of Fifths."