best friends brother

CHAPTER ONE

The funny thing about all of this is, no one ever saw it coming. No one. Not me, not him, not my best friend. Nobody could have guessed that all of this would be happening right now. To begin, I should probably go back a bit.

                On my sixteenth birthday I was awoken by the sound of noise makers, and some very loud screaming. I forced my eyes open and saw my entire family, no, make that two entire families, yelling the words

“Happy birthday violet!”

Into my freaking ear. I looked at my clock and was immediately overcome with questions. Including why the hell did they wake me up at the ungodly hour of 8?! It was summer, I was supposed to be asleep. I forced myself to look around the room. My mother, father, and older sister were here, along with my best friend  Arielle and her parents. Then, I noticed, sitting across the room, smirking at me with those gorgeous lips and staring with his insanely beautiful green eyes, was Arielle’s older brother, Lucas. I felt my face turn about 13 shades of red and I looked down at my blanket covered lap. My friend thrust pancakes under my nose and everyone but her walked out of my room. She slammed the door.

“Get up violet, were going shopping!”

“uughhh its too early”

“don’t care! Get your lazy ass up!”

She left my room and walked down the stairs. I slipped out of my bed and took off all of my clothes. I put on my plush turquoise bathrobe and walked out into the hallway toward the bathroom. Someone was in there washing their hands. I knocked and the door opened. Leaving me face to face with Lucas.

“h-h-hi..” I stammered

He gave me a cocky grin

“hey violet,” he said in his seductive, deep, voice.

“uh,” I cleared my throat

“im just gonna, shower..” I said

He raised his eyebrows and moved to the side.

I started to shut the door but Lucas stopped it with his foot. I gave him a puzzled look and he stepped forward,

“happy birthday, Violet.” He said caressing my cheek. I couldn’t move, I placed my hand on his wrist, wanting him to stay, Lucas had other ideas. He let go trailing his fingers down my arm. And left. Walked down the stairs. I shut the door, turned to the mirror, and silently screamed.