Packing

{Megans POV}

It's been a couple of weeks since me and Eric became official, and now I'm packing my bags for a giant class trip to Mount Whistler. We're going to be staying in log cabins with our groups, and have an entire week of skiing, sliding and snowboarding. Looking over at my phone, I FaceTime Eric. He picks up two rings later, and I smile. "Hey!" I say. His voice comes across staticky from the connection in my room, "Hey Meg! You packed yet?"
"Packing right now."
"Same."
"Do you really thing we're going to need three extra pairs of snow boots when we also have the board boots?"
"Yeah, definitely," Eric replies, "my brother went up and he said a couple of kids almost got hypothermia because of the excess snow and water they couldn't drain."
I raise my eyebrows with a scared scepticism. "Sounds scary."
I throw a couple extra pairs of shoes into my giant duffle bag, then look back and the list. In go two water bottles, three pairs of mittens, eight pairs of pants, eight long sleeved shirts, ten pairs of socks and three sweaters.
Next comes two scarves, and two warm winter hats.
Me and Eric talked for a while longer, before he had to go. I sigh, someone to talk to was great when you're  an only child, with parents who work pretty much 24/7, I never see both of them at the same time. Eric is now my boyfriend, but he's also been my best friend for years, and he's great to talk to.
I finish packing my duffle bag with essentials, then move on to my backpack, to fill with more personal wants. Hair ties, brushes, tooth paste and brush, doodling book, and some novels to read, a couple of markers and pens, solar powered cell phone charger, and normal one.
Phone touch mittens, so I can still play 1010 in the cold, and also dust plugs for every port, so I don't get snow in them. Dry shampoo, and a couple other things to make life easier. I finish packing and try to FaceTime Eric again. He picks up and I smile. "Hey Megan! Just finished packing."
"Me too, what time do we have to get to school tomorrow?"
"I think around 7:00?"
Ugh. 7:00? I have to walk to school, since my parents are never around to drive me, so that means that I'll have to wake up at 6:00.
As if Eric read my mind, he says, "my parents could drive you, if you want."
"Really? Are you sure? I don't want to burden them with my parent issues."
"Nah, it's fine! It's on the way to the school for them, and anyways, we'd do anything for you! My parents love you."
I blush, glad he can't see me.
"Thanks, Eric."
"No problem beautiful."