Club Zero Chapter 1

They had sent out warnings all over the news and the television. My parents, being the stubborn ones they are, didn't think that the hurricane would go so far in land. Me on the other hand, wanted to leave, but not wanting to defy my parents, I decided I would stay and ride it out like them. Look what it's gotton me into.

Chapter 1

Today is August 29, 2005. The day that Katrina hit Louisanna. I was in my room reading a book and listening to the winds howl throughout the day. My parents were in the living room and my little brother was asleep in his bed. I smiled at Edward from Twilight. At the moment he was driving extremely fast down the road and Bella was freaking out about it. She had figured out that he was a vampire, and she was telling how if they had gotton into a car accident he would be the only one to walk out from it. It was all going good until there was a big crash coming from the living room.

"Mom! Dad!" I screamed running from my room and down the hallway into the living room. My mom was sitting on the floor holding her head, while my dad was trying to help her up. What happened here? I looked around to see some debree on the floor. Apparentally a tree limb came through the window because there was glass on the floor and a broken tree part sitting next to my mom. So I'm guessing it knocked her over. "Are you ok?" I asked.

"I'm fine honey. Just a minor bump on the head; nothing hurtful," she smiled looking up at me. 

I turned to my father who had a serious look on his face. He didn't think it was minor at all. "Sweety please be careful, but can you do me a favor Elizabeth?" He asked pleadingly.

"Yes," I replied.

"Go look in the back of my car for my medical kit. I left it there after work and I need to stitch your mother wombed," He said hurriedly. "Honey, I think we should have left when we had the chance. I don't think-" My daddy was cut off by a wave of water rushing in throught the windows and doors. 

I screamed and was completely submerged. At first I wondered how this much water even got here, but then I remembered the dam down the street. It must have broken. Oh no, there's allegators in this lake. I swam up to get some air to find my mother and father screaming for me.

"Go get your brother," I think I heard. 

I turned to go down the hallway. My brother Tyler is only five years old. He's to innocent to even be in this mess. When I got to the hallway entrance I was pulled by a current so hard that I banged my head against the wall. I started seeing spots, but tried to ignore it. When I got to my brothers room the door was pushed open and he was floating above it. 

"Tyler!" I screamed. "Tyler! Can you hear me?" I started cry a little bit, but thought I had to be tough for him so I stop. Well, I tried anyway. I grabbed his floating body and held it tightly. I shock him a little. "Open your eyes Tyler. Open them!" I shouted. I began crying again and started for the door still holding him. 

I swam against the current coming down the hallway. When I got to the edge of the hallway I pressed my body up against the wall for support. My parents were no longer in sight and my little brother was limp in my hands. I thought he was dead until I heard him gasp.

"Sis?" He asked. "Where's mom and dad?"

"I don't know. They were here in the living room, but I..." I trailed off when I looked at his face. He was extremely pal. I have to get him out of this water and into something dry, but how?

I pulled him closer to me and headed for the kitchen pantry. I can get him into one of the shelves where he will be dry enough to survive. I hope. I picked him up and put him on the top shelf of the panty. He started crying and looked down at me.