Soul Saviour

Soul Saviour.

Chapter One.

He lay there next to her, caressing her long blonde silky hair.  The night air was filled with the aroma of blossom scent from the near-by park.  A balmy summer evening, one of only a few that year as it had been an extremely wet but warm year.   He had only physically known her for a few weeks but he knew of her pain, the hurt and rejection which they shared; he had such empathy with her.  He had felt the connection with her.  This is why he had to help her and help her he did.  The night was perfect, warm with a pleasing cool breeze that gently embraced their still, sweat-covered bodies as he sang to her.  His song of choice for Jenny was by Bread, ‘make it with you’ he sang softly to her ‘Hey have you ever tried, reaching out for the other side?’   Jenny; she was 17 years old and had been a prostitute for two years.  David had no sexual interest in her; he just wanted to release her from the pain that had been destroying her since childhood...’Dreams there for those who sleep’, he had made it possible for her to replace the nightmares with something sweeter, more peaceful.  Now, with his help, she was free of all the pain she had suffered.  She was now at peace and she looked it.  ‘But you believe the things that I do.  And we’ll see it through’ the song swimming through his head.  He, as the shepherd, was always gentle with his “flock”, as he referred to them.  He considered himself to be a professional, such as, a doctor or psychiatrist; he was there to help people who were suffering.  David completed the “session” with his lamb by ensuring she would feel safe for her journey forward to the next world by wrapping her in swaddling, she would be warm and have the secure feeling that she was being cuddled and cared for into divinity.  All he needed to do now was to place her somewhere where she would not be disturbed by nosey do-gooders.  He knew just the place; he had used it for other members of his flock,  those poor souls he had saved over time. 

David could not really pinpoint when he started to save these troubled souls, all he knew was that he had suffered in his own life but had been lucky enough to be helped through the worst of the pain.  It lingered still but with less intensity now.  There were still times though, when the smallest of things would trigger a wrenching in his gut and for a short time he would be flooded with the pain of his past.   David struggled to remember exactly what had happened to him; all he knew was that he had suffered terrible things and had undergone hypnotherapy to help him forget.  He felt the pain at times but no longer had the nightmares that prohibited sleep for so long.  He remembers the inability to function on a daily basis and wanting the pain to stop; he wanted it all to end.  He knows pain and now, at 28 years old, he is giving back to members of society, the poor souls, his knowledge of release, priding himself on going that one step further by giving his flock the sense of complete euphoria and closure to their tortured lives.  David believed he was providing a service for those who either could not or would not intervene in their own dismal, pain riddled lives.   David had not previously sung to those he had previously helped but with jenny he felt a connection.  She was special maybe because of her suffering at such a young age, maybe the self destructive path she had put herself on.  He helped them to see that there was help out there and it was in the form of David, some just needed assistance in realising that they needed him and his guidance.  He also acknowledged that he had to continue to suffer, to a lesser degree, in order to ensure this service was provided.  His pain being the driving force, the reminder of his why he continued with his quest.  There were so many others to be helped and he was not a priority.  Eventually he would satisfy his own need for closure, but not just yet.

David had heard a lot about Jenny before he had decided that she deserved his help.  She had not known happiness during her 17 years.  He knew this as he prided himself on being a good listener; he did his research to confirm the information.  David had to make sure there were no pretenders trying to seek his services.   This was strictly by invitation only; the flock were handpicked, there was a strict criterion to follow in order to be considered for David’s assistance.  David did not know why this was so, it was a feeling, an instinct that had to be followed.  There were a lot of gaps in David’s life.  He thought that maybe this was a result of the hypnosis he had undergone a few years earlier.  He had decided on this action, as far as he could remember, as a way to forget the terrors that were enveloping him.  It was now his vocation to help others to gain release from their terrors.  The people he helped could not be saved with therapy; this kind of damage could not be repaired.  He had the only answer that would give them peace and make the torture of life stop.  Life, he thought, for some it is hell on Earth, something that they endure and gain no pleasure from.  It is others who have used these subjects to gain their own pleasure in life.   He did not want them to suffer any further as he assisted in their passing to a better life.  David was ideally placed in his work life to gain access to the tools he required, he researched extensively as to what could be used to give a peaceful, painless passing.  He had settled on Adrenalin.  This could be administered and not be detected in post mortem.  His flock could drift off to sleep...’Dreams they’re for those who sleep...’ he was helping to replace the terrors they had felt for a lifetime.