Prologue

If you are below 16 years old, I advise you not to read the story. I don't want to corrupt your innocent minds. If you insist, read at your own risk.

Please VOTE and COMMENT if you LIKE it. =)

PROLOGUE 

The night was loud, as it had always been since America was colonized and more people settled on the West Coast. The humans danced around the beach with drinks in their hands, their bodies moving, grinding, in tune with the sensual beats of the party's current music.

A distance from them, Argen silently took sips of the stale beer that Gregory handed to him two hours ago. He sat on the colorful hammock that hung between two carved poles, near the bar, where the music was at least tolerable for his highly sensitive ears. It was a far cry from what he was used to, but he was not one to whine and complain. Even for his kind, he was unusually quiet. His silence could mean nothing and everything, but for tonight, it reflected his immense displeasure.

He regretted joining his brothers for the hunt. He preferred the comforts of his home in Beverly Hills, where his mansion was high and far isolated from the noise that the silly humans make. His Ana and Isabel awaited him there. With those twins, he never had problems finding feeders.

His brothers never settled. They were insatiable. Always on the hunt for untainted blood, 'suck' virgins they were called. Human blood free from the toxins of this era's lifestyle. Or something close to it.

It was either hunting or letting them drink from his girls. There was no choice to make. They might be his brothers but he was a selfish man.

Argen was never generous enough to share his property. 

It was no secret.

There was a human, a redhead, who flashed a sultry smile his way. He simply glanced at her then turned away. She raised a plucked brow as she sashayed her way to him.

For a mere child, she undoubtedly got guts. Because of his beautiful appearance, most humans avoided Argen's line of sight. His features were outlandishly perfect – his tall and muscled body, his honey-kissed skin, his strong jaws, his sculpted lips, his high cheekbones and his penetrating gray eyes that seemed to see into your soul.

His beauty intimidated them. Always.

Human instincts had not yet dulled enough to prevent them for fearing him as whom he is, but their eyes were easy to deceive. Their minds easy to fool. That was why they remained at the bottom of the food chain.

And Argen is top predator.

"Why so lonely? You want me to cheer you up?" the human girl slurred, and he could smell a mix of martini, vodka, beer and cum from her mouth. It wasn't repulsive; he was so used to it that he'd learned long ago how to ignore human stench. After all, they were food. Their blood all served the same purpose. "I'm Paula, by the way."