Continued

Im back! :) sorry it took so long...

~ENJOY~

In the venting system of the store, Stephanie crawled to an intersection to think. She dumped everything out of her purse and rummaged through it all. She opened the map of the air ducts and spread it in front of her.

Once she memorized the path she had to take, she folded up the map and put it in her pocket. She then grabbed a small pen drive from the pile of junk and put that in her back pocket. Stephanie stuffed everything else back in her purse and lit it on fire. Nobody could know she had been there.

Quickly following the path she had to take, Stephanie went over the plan in her mind.

'Shut down store, find map, follow path, and... ' Panicked, she went over it again. She couldn't remember the next step!

"Hello again," A creepy voice travelled through the air ducts, not revealing the faintest hint as to where it came from.

"Who's there?" Stephanie asked as she pulled the gun from her boot. 

"Your best friend," It sounded as though it came from her left. "Your worst nightmare." Now from her right.

Unsure of what to do, Stephanie thought to retrace her steps. She turned around and saw a black shadow. Her scream was muffled by a gloved hand. 

"Don't play hard to get, love." The black shadow put a knife to her throat, flipping her back to her previous position. " I only want to play."

Stephanie shuddered at the touch of this creep. She tried squirming out of its grasp, but it only made more noise.

"Now, let's talk, shall we?" The voice sounded female, but the brute force that pinned her down to the cold, shallow metal of the vent proved otherwise. "What are you doing in my store, frightening my customers?"

'No,' Stephanie thought. 'It can't be!'

"D'neirs!" She knocked him down with her legs. "It's you!"

She ripped off the mask, revealing an old, sophisticated man. An old, sophisticated man with a knife. D'neirs headlocked Stephanie, the knife unconfortably close to her skin. Helpless, she spit in his eye. D'neirs, clearly outraged, lifted his empty fist and thrust it down, hard. Stephanie dodged it, letting it strike the weak metal. 

The vent quivered and the exhausted section that had stuggled to keep them up now gave way and the two went tumbling to the ground. Amidst a cloud of dust, Stephanie lay unconscious.