You Made It Look Easy [:L Lawliet:]

Misaki stood quietly at the door to the Kira Task Force HQ. Even from the outside, Misaki was terrified of walking into the Task Force room. She sighed, and steeled herself.

“Misaki?” a voice came from behind her. She twirled around quickly, and kicked the person who had startled her. Or at least, she tried to. Her companion grabbed her ankle and twisted it, making her drop roughly to the floor.

“What the hell!?” She screamed, looking up angrily at the person. She turned paler, if that was possible, at the sight of her ‘attacker’.

The person speaking to her had been the one she was most excited to see again. Ryuzaki, Lawliet, the original, L. His dark, messy bed hair fell over his eyes, which appeared to have even more bags under them than the last time she’d seen him. He apparently still refused to wear shoes, because they had been dropped on the floor.

“Misaki. How have you been, Little One?” The tall, slouched boy said, using the pet name he’d used when they were back at the Whammy House.

“F-Fine…” Misaki stuttered, blushing lightly at the old name. Her tone suddenly became accusing. “You knocked me over, Ryuzaki! How could you?!”

“You tried to kick me,” He replied smoothly, pushing a bit of his hair back to get a better look at his small companion. Her eyes were still the brightest shade of ice blue, complementing her fair complexion and nearly-white hair perfectly. She dressed in her normal clothes, a pair of jeans and a random band T-shirt. Her shoes were the same as ever, old sandals that he could have sworn she had back at Whammy’s.

“Well you scared me…” She pouted, putting her hand out for him to help her up. He took it, and pulled her up quickly with ease. She stole a quick glance at her wrist, where strings of electricity were shooting out from where his hand met hers, causing her to tremble a little.

“You’re shaking, Misaki-san. Are you cold?” He asked, looking at her with his head tilted slightly.

“Oh, no.” She replied, pulling out of his grasp and turning the handle on the big door in front of her. “I’m just a little jittery from my coffee.” Good save, Misaki… she thought as she walked into the large task force room.

“Ah, that’s right. You share my love of sweets and sugar. Unfortunately, most of the Task Force is out for lunch right now. I assume you have nowhere else to stay, since you’re not from this part of Japan, so I’ll show you around for now, I suppose.” Ryuzaki said, biting his thumb thoughtfully as he finished speaking.

“That would be great, Ryuzaki.” She smiled, and picked up the little backpack she’d dropped.

-~.*.~-~.*.~-~.*.~-

Misaki fell down on her bed, grabbing the case file that L had set at the foot of her bed earlier that day. She’d been being introduced to the Task Force members for the past couple of hours, and she could fully see why Ryuzaki suspected Light and Misa. They seemed shifty to her, a little too on edge for being on a crime case.

“Misaki-kun. Are you awake?” A voice came from her door. She glanced at her Hello Kitty watch and sighed. Past midnight.

“I’m awake, who is it?” She slowly got up, and pulled on her old pajama pants over her shorts. She didn’t care who it was, her shorts were too short for anyone to see.

“It’s Light. May I come in, Miss Misaki?” She growled inwardly, but made sure not to let on. She couldn’t make enemies so quickly, especially if he really was Kira…

“Miss Misaki?” Light came again, pulling her out of her thoughts.

“Oh, right. Come on in, Raito-kun.” She pulled her covers over the case file she’d been looking at, or more specifically, what she’d been drawing on that case file.