Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I have reworked this chapter because I think my 15 year old brain, when I first wrote this chapter, didn't understand the world or actual adult relationships or responsibility when it comes to jobs. Let me know if you think this chapter is better. Seriously, just let me know my re-write is better? I think I can bring a new perspective because GUYS YOU THINK ADULTHOOD IS GONNA BE FUN BUT THEN YOU'RE WORKING 40+ HOURS A WEEK AND YOU JUST WANT TO SLEEP. I'm trying to bring more humor into this story though, because especially the way the world is, WE ALL NEED A GOOD LAUGH. This is really where the story is beginning to change from the original. It's slow, but I hope y'all like it. 

Please?

Pretty Please? 

Anywho.....hope you enjoy!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN!

>>>>>>>>>

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

Damn alarm, why are you going off? I asked angrily. I rolled over while pulling a pillow over my ears to muffle the irritating sound that is my alarm clock. Dad never has a practice the day after a game unless the boys have a game that night so there is no reason for it to be going off, I didn't need to get up early.

Wait...

SHIT, I'M MISSING THE GAME!

I snapped out of my much needed and blissful nap and looked at my clock. It blinked 6:30pm, I was supposed to be at the arena by now! I tried to ignore the fact that my dad was going to be so freaking pissed off that I was late. I guess he didn't come home before the game or else we wouldn't be in this situation! Shit, I thought as I jumped out of bed. 

"No no no, this can't be happening!" If I'm lucky, I'll get there a couple minutes after the start of the first period . That's only if I ignored all speed limits, run a couple red lights, and pray to whatever other worldly being to help me out.

I took my hair out of the messy bun on top of my head and let the curls fall down my back. I looked in the mirror, ran my fingers through it, and sighed. There wasn't enough time to fix this mess known as my lions mane. I ran to the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth to get the awful taste in my mouth. I can't be the only one who has that after they wake up. After I spit out the toothpaste, I snatched my makeup bag from my bathroom counter and raced out of my room. I could just do my makeup in the car. It wouldn't be my best look, but it's better than looking like the troll I resemble now. 

I flew down the steps, ran through my kitchen, nabbed my keys and phone off the counter, almost tripped on the stairs leading down to the garage as I put on my shoes and jumped into my black Bentley with orange interior. I love my car, even if I rarely take it out due to the fact Dad and I usually carpool to practice and games. Plus, I don't really like going places and being social when staying in bed or laying on my couch is an option. You know I'm right! 

Starting my engine, I pulled out of the garage, speeding down the driveway. I looked at the clock which mockingly read 6:37pm. The guys should be getting ready to take the ice for the pregame skate. 

At a red light, I timidly checked my phone to see if I had any messages. I had two missed calls from my only female friend Paulie, six missed calls and three voicemails from my dad, while the guys blew up my phone leaving about twenty texts. Listen and read them later, I scolded. I had to focus. I tightened my grip on my steering wheel as I tried to slow my breathing.