Chapter 1

Copyright 2013: by Jihye Park.

Chapter 1

I dreamt of the oceans that I barely remembered from the time that I was here when I was 5. I could almost hear the waves crashing against the rocks and the sound of gulls sqawking as they usually do. It was peaceful though. The beach was isolated and I was the only one there. No-one knew about this small beach of mine. It was hidden from view by a huge cave and some trees. It was my own little secret. I woke up with a start to someone shaking me by the arm. I'm about to hit them for waking me when I'm so tired but I realise that it's my twin brother. I look out and I realize that we're finally here. I had always dreamt of the day that we'd all go and live with father again. It was hard for Cian to grow up without a father and two girls to watch out for. But it wasn't as if we didn't have a decent life. Mother had owned a fashion company named after me that I was to take over but then she died. It's now run by mother's best friend that she had left it to in her will. I am to take over the company if I wish, when I was 18 but for now, I was stuck with living with my "father" at some boring countryside. I think it was countryside anyway, who knew here? Cian nudged at me to get out of the car which I did, dragging my two huge suitcases with me. The rest of my belongings were shipped here already, 2 days ago. I had lot of belongings. I put my beanie on and my hoodie over it, then let Cian take one of my suitcases. Unlike me, he only had one. The door of the huge house opened and my father walked out of it beaming, his arms wide open. I ran into them, immediately dropping my suitcases. He smelt of the sea and the freshness that came with it.

"I've missed you so much." He said to me and then he opened his arms wide for Cian too who just ignored him and carried into the house, our suitcases and all of our belongings.

I rushed to help him and when we were done, I quickly payed the cab man who drove away quickly, not wanting to interfere with the family hugging buisness. Except Cian wasn't much of a hugger and he certainly wasn't hug father.

"Ignore him." I whispered to father, "He's just being moody."

Cian glared at me and I stuck out my tongue immaturely. 

"I'll show you to your room." Father said and he carried both of my suitcases like it wasn't any trouble at all. Which it probably wasn't because he was very strong.

The bedroom he had picked out for me was at the top, in the attic. It was fairly big but it was smaller than my old bedroom and it wasn't as modern. Instead, it was plain white and no door. It was more like a living room with a bed in it than a proper bedroom. There was a sofa at the corner of the room, a small wooden desk and a chair, a double-sized bed and a set of drawers. There were two doors to either side of the room. I opened the set of doors and stepped in. It was filled with clothes that I had never seen before. I looked at father curiously.

"Farrah went shopping for me." He said abashed. I noticed that his cheeks have turned slightly pink.

"Who's Farrah?" Cian asked sharply. It's the first time that he's spoken directly to father today but he might not have spoken at all because he's ignored. This makes him even more annoyed. His voice is tight with anger when he says, "I asked who is Farrah?"

"She's the woman I've been seeing for a bit." He admitted, his hands in his pockets and his eyes cast down.

Cian scowled but doesn't say anything. I smiled at him, "That's cool. Thank her for me."

He smiled back, "You can thank her later yourself. She's coming over for dinner. She's so excited to meet you two."

I grinned, "Awesome. But if you don't mind, I'd like a little time to myself." He nodded and then walked away then stopped. He glanced at Cian who firmly stayed where he was which was by the railings at the entrance. I shrugged, "Cian can stay."