Chapter One

Kaboom! 

Loud noises could be heard from the factory, even though the factory was located on an island quite far away. The noise was becoming a nuisance and this nuisance was becoming a part of life. Whatever was going on on that island, nobody knew.

Johnny couldn't take it anymore; he had to find out what was causing that noise. And more strangely, late at night he could see things that looked like drones flying over the island. So that day at school, he told all his friends about it and asked them whether they would like to 'investigate' it with him. Then before they could continue their conversation, they heard the bell ring. Johnny then spoke, "So if you're interested in solving that mystery, meet me at my place at 5pm and please don't be late." After that, they went back to class. There were four periods left for school to end, and Johnny was getting impatient. He couldn't concentrate in class anymore; all he could think about was that annoying noise. He kept glancing at his watch, so much so that the teacher even asked if he would like to leave the class. After school ended, he rode his bike as fast as he could to reach home and prepare for the trip. He took some of his pocket money and went to a nearby shop. He bought some ropes, flashlights and a couple of other things that he could afford. Then he returned home.

Two hours later...

Shawn and Katie were the first ones to arrive. Johnny greeted them and saw that they had come prepared aswell. They waited for about fifteen minutes, trying to pass the time while waiting for anyone else to show up. Johnny sighed. It didn't seem like anyone else was coming. Although he had hoped more people would come, there was nothing he could do about it now.

"Alright Shawn, Katie, it's already 5:20pm and it doesn't look like anyone else will be joining us. We'll leave in ten minutes, so freshen up now if you have to."

Johnny borrowed some money from his parents and bid them farewell. (If you're wondering how on earth his parents let him travel to a mysterious island, well let's just say he told his parents that he had a camping trip. Johnny always was good at forgeries, and it would be easy to forge a signature.)

So Shawn, Katie and Johnny took their cycles and rode to the marina. They needed a boat - and you could rent one from there. After awhile, they finally reached. Shawn and Katie waited outside while Johnny talked to the person in charge of renting the boats. 

The man's name was Tony. After a minute or so, they could see Johnny walking towards them.

"So what did he say?" asked Katie.

"It seems that we need an adult to travel with us. They don't allow children who are younger than eighteen to travel alone. But we can't take an adult with us, it will ruin our plans." replied Johnny.

"So what do you propose we do?" asked Shawn.

"Eerr...wait! I've got an awesome idea. Katie you tell Tony that there's someone bleeding badly in one of the boats, and Shawn you run to that firework's factory and see if you can get some gunpowder. Meanwhile I'll get some other things that we'll need for a small explosion. Rendezvous back here in fifteen minutes, alright? Let's go!"

Katie was such a drama queen. She ran to Tony and acted like she was terrified. She told Tony what she was supposed to say, trying to fake tears simultaneously. Tony thanked her for informing him and said that he would check it out. After he was gone, Katie grabbed the boat keys of "Cheetah", a cabin cruiser and walked to the rendezvous point.

Meanwhile Shawn had arrived at the factory. He asked one worker for some gunpowder. The worker refused at first, but later gave in to his request, after Shawn had put about 30$ in his pocket.

After a few minutes, they could see Shawn walking towards them. The factory was a bit far, so they didn't mind although he was ten minutes late.

"Well guys, how'd it go? Have you accomplished your tasks? As for me, I've managed to get some things we need to create a small explosion. We need a distraction to borrow the boat without anyone seeing us, and this little trick will give us plenty of time."