life may not be fair, but it's fairier than death.

Okay so this will be confusing unless you play D&D, actually it might be just as confusing if you do play because this is the first campaign I've written which hasn't just come off the top of my head with the DM guide next to me. Some of it follows my law and some of it fairy law but I tried to keep it true to the characteristics of the game. Feel free to use this with your own group or whatever, it's a pointless read otherwise.  

The title is supposed to be a play on the quote 'life may not be fair, but it's fairer than death'

A child of poison has been lost, the un-seely court offer a reward for her return in one piece before four moons has passed. 

Chapter One. Changing times. 

The group gather in the town centre where a crowd has formed. Up on the billboard a notice has been posted in a strange language. Near you, an old haggard woman screams "A curse, a plague, all be warned, darkness is near." 

If a player chooses to speak to another town's person the response will be 'whatever it is, it can't be good.'

Option One, History.

Low level understanding: The writing is fairy.

Midlevel understanding: It has been signed with the mark of the unseely court

High level understanding: It's a letter asking for help, written by the unseely court.

Option Two, Religion. 

Low level understanding: The message has been written recently.

Midlevel understanding; The message is in fairy.

High level understanding: The message has been signed with the mark of the unseely court. 

Option Three, Translation. 

A member must speak fairy, the member who translates the letter is told, it's up to them who else they tell. 

Option four, Magic. 

Low level: The message is in fairy, and shows traces of dark magic. 

Midlevel: The message is a wanted poster, there is a reward offered. 

High level: The message is asking for the return of a child, the unseely court offers a reward. 

If a translation has been made, the king summons you to his private rooms, here he offers you a greater reward if you are to find the child and return them to his custody. 

You may accept or decline his offer. The king will tell you it is out of your place to ask foolish questions if you ask him why. 

Accept; You are sent back to where the game began, jump to 'if no translation has been made'

Decline; Three wolves attempt to stop you leaving. Once you have defeated them you may go to 'if no translation has been made'

If you are bloodied before you have killed the wolves, three guards come and take you to the prison cells. You must talk your way out of the jail as the bars are resistant to both magic and brute strength.  You may then continue to 'if no translation has been made.' 

If no translation has been made, around you are three buildings, a witches coven, a church, and a doctor's home. 

Option One; Witches Coven.