Chapter Five: New Beginning?

Hours pass and the kids are still waiting on the train. "It'shot out here Xavier, when is the train coming?" Ciara complains. "Why the hell are you always complaining, I mean really?" Chance says clearing the sweat off his forehead with the bottom of his shirt. "Same reason why you look like a lesbian!" Ciara says rolling her eyes. "Ciara, chill" Taylor says. "No i don't gotta chill, you mind your own damn business!". "I'll mind my business when you stop being a bitch, how about that!". "Maybe you'll stop being a bitch after I slap the shit out of you!". Ciara get into Taylor's face, ready to fight. A much smaller Monica gets in between the two of them "Stop it, stop it!" She yells pushing Ciara away from Taylor. "You know it's bad when the short girl has to break the fight up" Damion says quietly as he giggles. Only Madison hears him and she giggles along with him. Xavier looks at Ciara and shakes his head as he sits down in the grass away from the others and looks off into the distance. "Whatcha thinking about?" Monica says sitting next to Xavier, startling him a little.

      "Nothing" He replies. "Well it's gotta be something, c'mon you can tell me" She says smiling at him. Xavier looks at her and smiles back. "You're cute" He says laughing. "You're not so bad yourself" Monica says with a slight wink. Monica looks off into the distance as Xavier stares at hertrying to figure out how God himself created someone as perfect as her, and why he was put into her life. "Was Chance right? Do I like Monica?" He says to himself. His daydream was cut short bythe sound of Damion's voice. "Trains here!!!" He yells. Monica and Xavier run up to the others. "Alright, we all jump into this cart coming soon. Do it exactly on 3, if you don't you won't make it in time." Xavier says. Monica grabs Xavier's hand making him lose focus for a second.

    "A-alright. 1...............2...............3.......... JUMP!!!!!!!" Xavier screams. everyone jumps at the same time, barely making it into the cart. There is one other Run Away, he looks no older than 17."Runaway?" Damion asks the boy. The boy simply nods. "where from?" Damion asks. "Maysville" He answers. "You're welcome to travel with us, Xavier says we're going to a house for Runaways in Virginia" Malik offers. "I prefer to travel alone, no dead weight or people getting left behind" The boy says as he sits down on a wall of the cart. "Aren't you afraid of being alone and getting hurt and having nobody there to help you?" Taylor asks. "Nope, I've been alone all my life". "Really? what happened to your parents?".

     "They died when I was 7, car accident, a drunk driver hit the car and it flipped over and killed them both on impact. My mom was pregnant at the time" He says with his head down "I really shouldn't even be telling you all about this". "We know how you feel...... This would be so much easier if I knew your name" Monica says. "Dwayne" he replies. "Well, Dwayne we all know how you feel we're coming from a foster home". Dwayne lifts his head up a little "really?" He asks. "Yeah, I've been there since I was born. Y'know cause my parents gave me up.... because they hate me" Malik says. "They don't hate you" Xavier says s he runs his fingers through his hair. "How do you know?!" Malik questions. "I just do, now relax".

        Ciara rolls her eyes and throws herself against a wall. "How long til' we get to there?" Ciara asks. "Shut the fuck up and just ride, how about that?" Chance yells. "Stop!" Xavier yells. "Both of y'all can get out of my face, for real!" Ciara says. "And you can shut the fuck up, For real!" Chance yells. "Do they do this often?" Dwayne asks Monica. "All the time!" she replies. Hours of arguing and bitching later the train stops at the station in Virginia. "Come on y'all, Dwayne... you coming?" Xavier says as everyone exits but Dwayne. Dwayne hesitates but gets out with everyone else. It's starting to get dark, so the kids need to travel fast. "You decided to come?" Taylor asks Dwayne.

       "Yeah, but I don't know how long I'm staying" He replies. Xavier leads the way as they begin walking as Malik's stomach begins to growl lightly. "I'm hungry!" He complains. "The home is a few blocks away" Xavier says. Ciara sighs loudly, making Xavier mad. Monica and Xavier are walking side by side in front of everyone. "So, are they dating?" Dwayne asks. "Nah, not yet anyway" Damion answers.